NFL Week 14: Odds on domestic violence in the NFL this week? Push

Started by CountDeMoney, December 06, 2012, 07:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: sbr on December 11, 2012, 03:25:36 PM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on December 10, 2012, 11:40:04 PM
And with that, I pull off the Monday Night comeback by 4 points.   :showoff:

It's probably for the best anyway.  With Dez Bryant done for the year I wasnt going to beat anyone else.  Might as well let someone who can beat CdM advance. :P

Yeah that i even made playoffs after losing Gronk, Santonio Holmes and McGhee was a miracle, wasn't expecting much else.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

jimmy olsen

Touching :cry:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/jerry-brown-mother-wants-josh-brent-ride-her-160248144--nfl.html
Unfortunate url breadown ^^^
QuoteJosh Brent attends Jerry Brown's funeral with Brown's family

The family and friends of former Dallas Cowboys linebacker Jerry Brown had stayed out of the public eye for the most part since the Saturday morning car accident that took Brown's life and put the driver, Cowboys defensive lineman Josh Brent, in jail on intoxication manslaughter charges. That changed Monday, and the results were captivating. On Tuesday, Brent attended Brown's funeral at Dallas' Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship, where team chaplain Tony Evans serves as pastor. He did so with Brown's family because Brown's family is capable of stunning gestures of love and forgiveness.

Released on $500,000 bond on Sunday, Brent visited the team facility on Monday, was checked out by trainers, and spoke to head coach Jason Garrett, who said that Brent was "very distraught." The entire Cowboys organization also attended the service.

"What we want to do as an organization, as players, as coaches and this entire organization is let him know he should feel supported everywhere he turns," Garrett said of Brent on Monday. "That's what we want to express to him. It's a very challenging situation for him. He and Jerry are best friends. They have known each other since college. They were very close in college, very close since they've been here together, and it's a really, really difficult situation for him. We want to make him feel that there are people around him who can help him get through this thing day by day."

Stacey Jackson, Brown's mother, accelerated that generosity of spirit to an entirely new level. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones sent his own plane so that Brown's family could arrive in Dallas for the service, and Jackson asked that Brent meet the family at the airport, ride with her to the service, and sit with the family while Brown was remembered.

"I was upset, but I realized that our youth today are young and stupid, and we were all once that age, and we've all done things we're not proud of," Jackson said on Monday's "Piers Morgan Tonight" show on CNN. "I realized that everyone thinks they're invincible, and everyone thinks, 'it's not going to happen to me.' I know Josh Brent, and he's been part of our family since Jerry went to the University of Illinois -- all I can do is to pray for him and his family. I know [Brent] is hurting just as much as we are, because [he] and Jerry were like brothers."

According to Jerry Jones, Jackson "wanted to be right with Josh and to express in every way she could how much they loved him and thought of him, and didn't want to have him grieve for his loss as a friend without being included in their family."

"It's so tragic when you think about that they were best friends," Jones said on a local radio station, when recalling Brent's feelings about Brown joining the Cowboys. "Josh was elated when Jerry came on the team because they were such good friends and teammates in college. Josh, of course, was on the regular team and consequently had a place to live. Jerry was on the practice squad and there's quite a difference in the economics that they make, so Jerry was living with Josh on Josh's generosity. Those guys were on the way to their house when this accident happened. It's so, so tragic for everybody involved."

Nobody is excusing what Brent did, and we don't know all the details just yet. What is remarkable about the story so far is how willing those closest to Jerry Brown are to forgive, and to open their hearts to Josh Brent when many others would not. From a human perspective, and leaving everything else out of the picture for the moment, it's fairly amazing.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

I'm pretty sure I'm not that forgiving.  It's tough to tell from here though.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 12, 2012, 08:38:24 AM
I'm sure you've spilled your seed all over it.
Not really, Baltimore is the most likely team we'd face in that situation, and they're the only team in that group that beat us this year.

1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

I don't see your name on the back of a jersey of a black man that would hate you if he knew you.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

jimmy olsen

Pats vs Chargers!  :lol: Massacre.

Pats vs. Broncos in the next round would be nice though.

Would like to watch Giants vs Bears too.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

My playoff prediction is that the Pats plane is hijacked by terrorists and crashed into a lake.

America wins.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Oddsmakers in Vegas just dropped the Bengals odds for making the playoffs to nil, thanks to the TimmyTaint :mellow:

But seriously, I don't see the Bengals earning themselves a spot in the playoffs-- whenever they're competing for a wild card spot they do just well enough to stay in contention but never control their own fate.  The Steelers will have to falter much like the Jets did down the stretch last year.

Also I see Baltimore regrouping after this week's shakeup because that's what they do.  And for all their current momentum, the Broncos will lose their first playoff game-- you heard it here first.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 12, 2012, 09:51:48 AM
Why San Diego over Pitts, Baron? what's your tie breaker?
Well, if they finish the season with the same record, then the Chargers have a heads-up win.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Still, what are the odds of San Diego going 3-0 in the last three games along with neither the Bengals or Steelers doing any better than 1-2?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall