When I noticed one too many gray hairs
4 (19%)
Other - Oh, do tell....
13 (61.9%)

Total Members Voted: 21

garbon

Quote from: Alcibiades on December 01, 2012, 05:35:06 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 01, 2012, 02:17:42 PM
I think that would probably be a bit hard.

I dunno, your old blonde feminine pics wouldn't make it that much of a stretch.   :P

Not that much of a stretch to a white child?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Alcibiades

With some bleaching and that attitude?  I believe in you.   :hug:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

I don't feel old, body goes to hell over time, but I am really just a kid.  I mean, I still bike 100 miles a week from April-October, I am healthy enough, and I am good mentally.  I might bitch about the class I teach and having to try and get 18 year old kids to understand, but that is actually good.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on December 01, 2012, 06:11:14 PM
I don't feel old, body goes to hell over time, but I am really just a kid.  I mean, I still bike 100 miles a week from April-October, I am healthy enough, and I am good mentally.  I might bitch about the class I teach and having to try and get 18 year old kids to understand, but that is actually good.

Yeah not too shabby.  :cool:

My old college history teaching seemed to get a buzz out of teaching modern history to 16-18 year olds who all actually wanted to learn; I guess in its in part a bit similar with you and your 18 year old/undergrads (or what do you call them, freshmen?). 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

QuoteWhen did you realize that you were old?

I havent.

But starting next spring I'm going to see.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on December 01, 2012, 07:31:03 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 01, 2012, 05:39:41 PM
Quote from: merithyn on December 01, 2012, 03:53:36 PM
For the record, most bald men are sexy. :)

That's definitely false.

Speak for yourself, youngun'. :sleep:

It isn't that. It's just that a lot of bald men come with...a lot extra. ;)

lustindarkness

For some years now, every morning at 0600 when the alarm goes off.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

sbr

Quote from: lustindarkness on December 01, 2012, 11:40:52 PM

You should feel pretty young sleeping in so late.

lustindarkness

Quote from: sbr on December 02, 2012, 12:17:03 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on December 01, 2012, 11:40:52 PM

You should feel pretty young sleeping in so late.

When on duty its 0430, so deployments age me faster. LOL
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Martim Silva

I'm not old.

It's the kids that are TOO young.

I just have to get used to the fact that people will keep getting younger, thus giving me an experience edge.

And I get to have fun memories of stuff from my childhood that they will never have, like this one (that I suppose most of you will also have):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o29VoxtsFk

Of course, there ARE some things that irk me, like someone saying...

Quote from: Liep on December 01, 2012, 02:33:33 AM
Yeah, I'm the only one born before the fall of the USSR in my class on USSR's history.

As in 'born in the days of the Union' was a sign of age...

I mean, as an adult at the time, I have some rather... vivid... memories of the time when that upstart ex-leader of the Sverdlovsk region and current President of Russia, Boris Nikolayevich Yeltsin, managed to stop the coup and moved to break the Union. :mad: