When my favorite song was listed as a "Golden Oldie"
3 (14.3%)
When I noticed one too many gray hairs
4 (19%)
Other - Oh, do tell....
13 (61.9%)

Total Members Voted: 21

The Larch

I could check any of those boxes, but I don't really feel old. Besides obvious physical issues IMO it's most about attitude. There are people in their 20 that are old people at heart and there are people in their 30s and 40s who still feel good about their age and get out and do stuff. It's one thing not being young anymore, but that's different than being old.

merithyn

Quote from: mongers on December 01, 2012, 08:47:40 AM
I like the presumption in the poll that all Languishites regard themselves as old.  :bowler:

Drunk poll-making FTW!!! :w00t:

Besides, I remember feeling "old" when I was 18. It was really just oldER but I still remember it.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Maladict

When younger people start using the formal personal pronoun when addressing you, it's terrible  :(

sbr

Quote from: Maladict on December 01, 2012, 01:49:24 PM
When younger people start using the formal personal pronoun when addressing you, it's terrible  :(

Some punk-ass ~25 year old called me sir at the grocery store last weekend.  I was not pleased.

garbon

Quote from: sbr on December 01, 2012, 02:06:06 PM

Some punk-ass ~25 year old called me sir at the grocery store last weekend.  I was not pleased.

At the same lunch place, I've been greeted with "What up, son?" and "What can I get you, honey boo?" I wasn't pleased either.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 01, 2012, 08:45:39 AM
Sitting in a 400 level political science course, and realizing that the instructor and I were the only ones that remembered the Reagan Administration.

I get that all the time. Especially when the high school students are taking the course.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Quote from: garbon on December 01, 2012, 02:09:22 PM
Quote from: sbr on December 01, 2012, 02:06:06 PM

At the same lunch place, I've been greeted with "What up, son?" and "What can I get you, honey boo?" I wasn't pleased either.

At least they didn't mistake you for Honey Boo Boo.

garbon

I think that would probably be a bit hard.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maximus

When people born in the 90s started having opinions.

merithyn

Barrister

30 was a snap.  I had finally felt like I had everything in order.  Job I was doing well at (started at Crown's office at 29), had met a wonderful girl who I would eventually marry.

Two years ago I started feeling "old".  NUmber one of course was having a kid (and then two), and all of those responsibilities.  In 2010 suddenly people born in 1992 could vote, by alcohol, and be charged as an adult.  That's the year I graduated high school, which only feels like a moderately short time ago.  Hair is going more and more grey, but that's never bothered me (as long as I have it, and so far I'm good).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

merithyn

Alcibiades

Hair started thinning.....body doesn't heal like it used to.  Knees and back ache constantly, but that's the army's fault.   I've always been old at heart, though.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Alcibiades

Quote from: garbon on December 01, 2012, 02:17:42 PM
I think that would probably be a bit hard.

I dunno, your old blonde feminine pics wouldn't make it that much of a stretch.   :P
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

garbon