3 (14.3%)
When I noticed one too many gray hairs
4 (19%)
Other - Oh, do tell....
13 (61.9%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Liep

Quote from: Valmy on December 01, 2012, 01:27:18 AM
When a woman in my class noted an article written in 1992 was as old as she was.  Ah man that blew my mind.

Yeah, I'm the only one born before the fall of the USSR in my class on USSR's history.

Also felt old when I started losing my hair, unfortunately this was at 18. :weep:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Sophie Scholl

It's not the years, it's the mileage, as someone once quipped.  Also, checking people's id's while bartending and realizing kids born in the '90's could legally drink.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Martinus

I still consider myself young subconsciously, I think - I see myself as a "child of my parents" I guess.

The "I'm getting old" realizations occur when I encounter people who are famous, or doctors treating me, or national-level politicians and they are younger than me. :P

Richard Hakluyt

I've always, as far back as I can remember, felt that life is incredibly short and that we are being rushed through it to our inevitable demise  :hmm:

But I found my 30th birthday depressing, so at 30 I guess.

The Brain

I constantly fool people by looking much younger than I am. No, I don't feel old.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

MadImmortalMan

I started getting grey hairs at age 13. Answer--I'm not old yet.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Brain

I got carded at the liquor store today! :yeah:

I was a teenage lookalike.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

A few triggers: an MTV special for the 10th anniversary of Kurt Cobain's suicide. Noticing that a lot of current sports stars are now younger than me. Realizing that movies that I consider "recent" are now 15-20 years old.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Iormlund

When I realized that I hated how kids dressed and would give them all a proper haircut.

CountDeMoney

Sitting in a 400 level political science course, and realizing that the instructor and I were the only ones that remembered the Reagan Administration.

mongers

I like the presumption in the poll that all Languishites regard themselves as old.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

My hard on has an easier time getting out of bed than I do anymore.

Grey Fox

When I realize that the World Junior Championship players were all younger then me by a good 2-3 years.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: mongers on December 01, 2012, 08:47:40 AM
I like the presumption in the poll that all Languishites regard themselves as old.  :bowler:

I know, I can't participate. :weep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Vricklund

I used to be able to hang a full 5-gallon bucket on my hard-on but nowadays my back goes out on me...