Hore Banned for Striking, All Black Looking for Hooker.

Started by Viking, November 28, 2012, 04:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

I just can't make up shit like this.... funny, yes, sad, yes, abuse of puns, yes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/20487856

QuoteNZ's Andrew Hore banned for five weeks for striking Bradley Davies
New Zealand hooker Andrew Hore has been banned for five weeks for striking Wales lock Bradley Davies off the ball during the All Blacks' win in Cardiff.
The suspension means the 34-year-old will miss the All Blacks' final autumn Test against England on Saturday.
He would have faced an eight-week ban for a 'top end' entry level offence.
But it was reduced by three weeks for his "acceptance of guilt, genuine remorse, exemplary disciplinary record and his conduct during the hearing".
The International Rugby Board's Judicial Officer appointed to the case, Professor Lorne Crerar of Scotland, said evidence of Hore's remorse was "his daily contact with the injured player".
Davies was taken to hospital with concussion after the incident, which happened barely 30 seconds into New Zealand's 33-10 win. He will miss Wales' Test against Australia on Saturday as a result.
Hore, who has the right of appeal, lashed out at the retreating Davies, running across his path, as the hooker charged in to clear out a ruck.
Referee Craig Joubert and his two assistants missed the incident, but Hore was later cited.
"The Judicial Officer held that the act of foul play was inherently dangerous, being a deliberate swinging of the arm, delivered with significant force, causing serious injury to the victim player, Bradley Davies, who was unsighted," said a Six Nations disciplinary statement.
"However, the Judicial Officer found that the player had not intended to make contact with the victim player's head."
With Saturday New Zealand's last match of the year, Hore's ban will run until Sunday, 24 February, to take into account his Super 15 province the Highlanders' first three pre-season matches.
"The Judicial Officer heard submissions in detail as to when the suspension should end given that the player was entering the close season," the statement added.
"The Judicial Officer received unreserved assurances from Ian Foster, Assistant Coach, New Zealand, the player and his legal representative that the pre-season matches to be played by the Highlanders during the weekends of 1, 8 and 15 February all had significant and meaningful consequences for the player in accordance with IRB Regulation 17."
The IRB's recommended sanction for striking a player starts at two weeks, with five the mid range and eight or more the most severe punishment.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Admiral Yi

Explain the joys and intricacies of rugby to the uninitiated.

Viking

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 28, 2012, 05:39:21 PM

Imagine American Football with no downs, no armor, no forward passes and a field twice as wide.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Viking on November 28, 2012, 05:40:59 PM
Imagine American Football with no downs, no armor, no forward passes and a field twice as wide.

And no blocking as far as I can tell.  That to me is the biggest difference.

Viking

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 28, 2012, 06:08:16 PM
Quote from: Viking on November 28, 2012, 05:40:59 PM

And no blocking as far as I can tell.  That to me is the biggest difference.

that and 15 player per side with only 3 substitutions (as well as blood substitutions while a player is being treated on the sidelines).  80 minutes with no formal stops except the half time break.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 28, 2012, 05:39:21 PM

Only one referee, so you can sock that little shit from Harvard who's been banging your ear in the scrum when he's not looking.

:whistle: :goodboy:

sbr

My daughter became a hooker after just a couple weeks at college.

CountDeMoney

I know.  We discussed it during the lap dance, when she was telling me how she was just doing it to work her way through college.  I was sympathetic.

Sheilbh

Quote from: sbr on November 28, 2012, 11:22:39 PM
I don't know what's worse a daughter turned prostitute or female rugby player.

I worked in a club that was regularly on their pub crawl nights.  Terrifying.  It was like a hen party on steroids :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

At first read of the thread title, I thought this was going to be about Union Civil War generals and slaves.  :(

Viking

Eh.... oh... um.... I don't know how to ask this, but.. eh.. is she a lesbian?

Not to go on about the gays in rugby trope, but in the us it seems a bit out of sync with the rest of the world.. it's just that when we send norwegian womens teams abroad they all report the same thing.. rugby after game parties for females are lesbian fleshpots.. apparently this scares our girls...

Gups

Quote from: Viking on November 28, 2012, 06:18:50 PM

that and 15 player per side with only 3 substitutions (as well as blood substitutions while a player is being treated on the sidelines).  80 minutes with no formal stops except the half time break.

Actually seven subs are allowed.

Josquius

Quote from: Viking on November 29, 2012, 02:52:38 AM

Eh.... oh... um.... I don't know how to ask this, but.. eh.. is she a lesbian?

Not to go on about the gays in rugby trope, but in the us it seems a bit out of sync with the rest of the world.. it's just that when we send norwegian womens teams abroad they all report the same thing.. rugby after game parties for females are lesbian fleshpots.. apparently this scares our girls...

In my experience rugby women are either lesbians or more usually the complete opposite of lesbians. Absolutely man crazy and terrifying.
██████
██████
██████