News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The war on men

Started by garbon, November 26, 2012, 12:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Quote from: Valmy on November 26, 2012, 03:30:30 PM
QuoteHere in Quebec, a mother having children by more than one father is far from being abnormal, and far from being the object of gossip and social shinning as here reconstituted families are the norm more and more.

Quebec mothers having more than one child at all is a tad abnormal judging by their fertility rate.

This is changing, we are witnessing a small baby boom these last two-three years.

Valmy

Quote from: Drakken on November 26, 2012, 03:28:05 PM
Remember, the right to dispose of one's body and sexuality freely and without constraint?

Lol.   That is ridiculous card to play there.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on November 26, 2012, 03:32:28 PM
Remember, the right to dispose of one's body and sexuality freely and without constraint?

Drakkan has his own personal issues :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Drakken

I know. And the most ridiculous is, I have to play it on Meri who as an avowed feminist should know it is a basic right, even for *gasp* men.

Valmy

Quote from: Drakken on November 26, 2012, 03:34:47 PM

I know. And the most ridiculous is, I have to play it on Meri who as an avowed feminist should know it is a basic right, even for *gasp* men.

I don't think even the most avowed anti-feminist, who eagerly embraces values from the 17th century and before, would advocate laws requiring people get married without their consent.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Drakken

Quote from: HVC on November 26, 2012, 03:33:20 PM

I would have thought having a live-in partner in a committed relationship would have made me less jaded.  :cry:

merithyn

I see what you did there.

Because I see no reason to commit legally, I don't believe in marriage. I don't have to marry because she wants to, or she pressures me, or she coerces me. Remember, the right to dispose of one's body and sexuality freely and without constraint? As a feminist it should ring a bell, shouldn't it?

You can absolutely do whatever you so choose with your man bits. But it's kind of funny that you would use the terminology that you used in this thread, the way that you used it, and then say things like, "It does, as no sane man wants to commit with a slut, or a monkey brancher, or a woman that would pull her chips out and leave for the flimsiest of reasons. What I'm saying is that the negative connotation is not on the children being born out of wedlock, but their mother's lack of emotional maturity and commitment."

I'm just struggling to understand what you would consider a "slut", and whether that same expression is readily used by you for men in a similar situation.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

HVC

Drakken, does your girlfriend know you don't plan on marrying her? Or do you brush it off by saying you two will talk about it later? If she knows then it's all good.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

Quote from: Drakken on November 26, 2012, 03:36:35 PM

I would have thought having a live-in partner in a committed relationship would have made me less jaded.  :cry:
You thought wrong :D

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on November 26, 2012, 03:37:26 PM
Drakken, does your girlfriend know you don't plan on marrying her? Or do you brush it off by saying you two will talk about it later? If she knows then it's all good.

Make sure you mention you would but you owe it to your human rights.

Valmy

Quote from: Drakken on November 26, 2012, 03:36:35 PM

Yeah the only thing that seems to change dudes are kids and even then not immediately.

Drakken

She knows. It would hard for her not to know and go la-la-la. I told her point blank with no mincing words, at several occasions, and I added that her pressuring me and harassing me with it made me very uncomfortable.

HVC

Quote from: Drakken on November 26, 2012, 03:40:33 PM

She knows it would hard for her not to know and go la-la-la. I told her point blank with no mincing words, at several occasions.
Obviously she's going la-la-la if she keeps asking :D. But that's her own problem.

Valmy

Quote from: Drakken on November 26, 2012, 03:40:33 PM
I told her point blank with no mincing words, at several occasions.

Good man.