News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The war on men

Started by garbon, November 26, 2012, 12:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Drakken

Quote from: HVC on November 26, 2012, 03:41:21 PM
Obviously she's going la-la-la if she keeps asking :D. But that's her own problem.

Indeed, she often comments that someday I'll be "changing my mind". She's still riding on the idea that I'm bluffing, even when I told that I'm not and would not over this issue.

merithyn

Quote from: Drakken on November 26, 2012, 03:40:33 PM

She knows. It would hard for her not to know and go la-la-la. I told her point blank with no mincing words, at several occasions, and I added that her pressuring me and harassing me with it made me very uncomfortable.

Then there's no issue with what you're doing. Your reasoning - at least the one you've given in this thread - says a lot about you as an individual. Basically, it's important to her, she's mentioned that she wants to get married, so you're not going to. But then you say that it's a woman's lack of emotional maturity if she's not with the man who fathered her child. :lol:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

crazy canuck

HVC

Quote from: Drakken on November 26, 2012, 03:43:02 PM
Quote from: HVC on November 26, 2012, 03:41:21 PM
Obviously she's going la-la-la if she keeps asking :D. But that's her own problem.

Indeed, she often comments that someday I'll be "changing my mind". She's still riding on the idea that I'm bluffing, even when I told that I'm not and would not over this issue.
A little bit of advise, don't leave the contraceptives measures in her hands.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 26, 2012, 03:44:14 PM
Quote from: HVC on November 26, 2012, 03:42:27 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 26, 2012, 03:41:41 PM
Make love not war
Why not do both? :unsure:

You go marching off to war with your pants down if you wish.
Hey, if it worked for the gauls it'll work for me... just gotta stay away from the romans.

Drakken

Quote from: merithyn on November 26, 2012, 03:43:44 PM
Then there's no issue with what you're doing. Your reasoning - at least the one you've given in this thread - says a lot about you as an individual. Basically, it's important to her, she's mentioned that she wants to get married, so you're not going to. But then you say that it's a woman's lack of emotional maturity if she's not with the man who fathered her child. :lol:

Strong logic here. In fact, you are courting being obtuse here.

I'm not getting married, because I don't believe in marriage. Period. End of line. Point final bâton. Det är slut. I wouldn't marry her, I wouldn't marry Scarlett Johansson even if she put herself on her two knees begging to marry her.

What's so difficult and obtuse to understand, here?

Valmy

Heck if you really care for this woman you may want to let her go.  The two of you clearly have different goals in this relationship and this doesn't look like it is going to end well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Drakken

Quote from: Valmy on November 26, 2012, 03:46:58 PM
Heck if you really care for this woman you may want to let her go.  The two of you clearly have different goals in this relationship and this doesn't look like it is going to end well.

Why, I love her and she's in love with me, we work together on our common goals and we agreed to have children together. The only part we disagree, it's marriage.

Drakken

In any case, I don't need dating advice or a "Dear Abby" answer.

I have gave my input on why I personnally refuse to marry : there's nothing in it for me, as a man. Even the symbolism around it is an emptied vessel.

Martinus

I think the multiple parents = trashy applies to trashy/poor people only. If a succesful woman has kds from different marriages/relationships, it does not carry a stigma.

Valmy

Quote from: Drakken on November 26, 2012, 03:50:55 PM
In any case, I don't need dating advice or a "Dear Abby" answer.

I have gave my input on why I personnally refuse to marry : there's nothing in it for me, as a man. Even the symbolism around it is an emptied vessel.

What does you needing it have anything to do with anything? If you bring up a personal situation we are going to give our opinions just like we do about everything else.  Since when did you pipe in with your thoughts only when you clarified first if it was needed?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

merithyn

Quote from: Drakken on November 26, 2012, 03:46:33 PM

Strong logic here. In fact, you are courting being obtuse here.

I'm not getting married, because I don't believe in marriage. Period. End of line. Point final bâton. Det är slut. I wouldn't marry her, I wouldn't marry Scarlett Johansson even if she put herself on her two knees begging to marry her.

What's so difficult and obtuse to understand, here?

That's not the line you fed at the beginning, but whatever. I have no horse in this race.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on November 26, 2012, 03:56:50 PM
I think the multiple parents = trashy applies to trashy/poor people only. If a succesful woman has kds from different marriages/relationships, it does not carry a stigma.

Heck I think people would regard a single woman raising multiple kids who was also incredibly successful at her career as some sort of super human.

Martinus

To answer merri's earlier question, man-sluts are called playas unless they are gay - in which case we call them sluts. I think "slut" should be embraced not rejected. Nothing wrong with it if thats who you are.