Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 25, 2012, 05:23:02 PM
Quote from: katmai on November 25, 2012, 05:22:09 PM
Ohio St players :bleeding:

Which one fucked up now?

Ted Ginn Jr, muffed the punt giving 'Aints the ball inside the 20 and they promptly scored to go up 14-7

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: sbr on November 25, 2012, 05:19:50 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 25, 2012, 04:44:24 PM
Seriously?  Wow.  Go fuck yourself for starters.  They've lost a few games due to such playcalling by Shurmer, so it isn't a fluke at this point, but an established trend.  As to the Raiders call, they did get pretty terribly fucked by an "inadvertent whistle" as the refs called it.  It went from a fumble recovery for a touchdown to the Bengals getting another shot at 3rd down which eventually led to a game sealing touchdown drive.

:lol:  Are you denying the bitching and whining or just justifiying it?  I mean I understand you root for two of the worst and worst run organizations, not only in the NFL, but in American pro sports and top it off by liking crappy individual players but come on man. Your team just beat the Steelers; the two rookies you hate are doing pretty well; the coach and team president you despise are likely to be replaced by two new fresh faces you can despise as soon as they are hired.  Things should be looking up for Browns fan.
I never said I hated Richardson, just that it's a shame some of his prime years will be wasted on a rebuilding team.  I only said Wheedon's pick would have been better used on an offensive lineman in my opinion.  I did hate Holmgren, but he's on his way out and I do despise Shurmer, but hopefully he'll follow Holmgren out the door.  I was a big fan of Mangini before they arrived, and thought he was making strides in building a solid foundation in Cleveland, so it isn't like I hate every coach in Cleveland's history.  I haven't said anything bad about the new gm or coach in Oakland, as I'm basically giving them carte blanche this year with the massive changes that have occurred since Al's death and Jackson's mismanaging of the team.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on November 25, 2012, 05:25:28 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 25, 2012, 05:23:02 PM
Quote from: katmai on November 25, 2012, 05:22:09 PM
Ohio St players :bleeding:

Which one fucked up now?

Ted Ginn Jr, muffed the punt giving 'Aints the ball inside the 20 and they promptly scored to go up 14-7

Ah, teddy. I bet he tried to catch the ball with his chest again.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Man, Flacco's line is trying to have him killed.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 25, 2012, 04:44:24 PM
As to the Raiders call, they did get pretty terribly fucked by an "inadvertent whistle" as the refs called it.  It went from a fumble recovery for a touchdown to the Bengals getting another shot at 3rd down which eventually led to a game sealing touchdown drive.

They did get screwed by the one ref that blew his whistle.  But it is what it is.  You stop when you hear the whistle.  They'd have gotten the ball had that not happened, but I doubt they would have scored the TD.  I heard John Clayton saying the refs made the wrong decision (after the whistle) but I'm not sure what other option they had, going by the book.  The whistle was blown before any Raiders players recovered the ball, and the play stops right then & there.  You have to replay the down.  Btw, John Clayton is even uglier in person than he is on TV.

Pretty enjoyable game from my side of it.  Not a sellout but the fans who came actually showed some heart.  I think it's a bit late for so much Palmer hatred, but if it keeps them in the game, whatever.  I got to see an on-field fight occur 20 feet in front of me and the Bengals played what might have been their best half ever in the 1st.  Third quarter was horrific but I consider it a throwaway.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 25, 2012, 05:01:41 PM
I'm stuck watching New Orleans. Bleh.

Seriously.  Heaven forbid we see a team in the Bengals division playing against the Bengals next opponent.  I'm flipping between the WVU-Oklahoma basketball game and NFL RedZone.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sophie Scholl

I don't understand why Bengals fans would be upset with Palmer.  He quit on their team which led to them getting an upgrade at quarterback and some nice draft picks in compensation.  I'd welcome him back with applause for removing himself from the team.  At the very least, the Bengals have helped to give me some very nice points today in the eternal crusade to ensure Timmah is kept down in the LFFL.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

derspiess

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 25, 2012, 05:42:11 PM
I don't understand why Bengals fans would be upset with Palmer.  He quit on their team which led to them getting an upgrade at quarterback and some nice draft picks in compensation.  I'd welcome him back with applause for removing himself from the team.  At the very least, the Bengals have helped to give me some very nice points today in the eternal crusade to ensure Timmah is kept down in the LFFL.

Football fans aren't always very rational.  They think he's a quitter, plus you always automatically boo someone who used to play for your team :P

One bright spot I saw for your guys is Reece.  He's one hell of a fullback.  He's got some mobility and it always takes 2 or 3 guys to bring him down.

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on November 25, 2012, 05:49:29 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 25, 2012, 05:42:11 PM

Football fans aren't always very rational.  They think he's a quitter, plus you always automatically boo someone who used to play for your team :P

One bright spot I saw for your guys is Reece.  He's one hell of a fullback.  He's got some mobility and it always takes 2 or 3 guys to bring him down.

Go Huskies! Was WR at Washington.

Sophie Scholl

Yeah, I've been very impressed with Reece since I saw him last year.  He's a heck of an athlete and a great football player, a rare combination on the Raiders. :lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on November 25, 2012, 05:31:09 PM
Man, Flacco's line is trying to have him killed.

No shit.  Luckily, the only line that's trying to get their QB killed more is San Diego's.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 25, 2012, 05:49:29 PM
plus you always automatically boo someone who used to play for your team :P

Ravens fans always applaud former Ravens, because we're classy like that.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 25, 2012, 05:26:36 PM
I never said I hated Richardson, just that it's a shame some of his prime years will be wasted on a rebuilding team.  I only said Wheedon's pick would have been better used on an offensive lineman in my opinion.

I disagree.  Offensive linemen are hit-and-miss, they can take two or even three seasons to learn the pro craft and rarely deliver immediate dividends like a quarterback can--particularly when there aren't any arms on the roster--and a team gets built around a premier back.  Good backs perform even with shitty OLs, the league and its history is filled with them.

They'll be fine.  What they need to do is learn how to win;  with the exception of getting some real help at the receiver spot, most of the Browns' problems are in their heads.  They should be able to score a good WR or two in next year's draft.