News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Singer cancelling tour because dog is dying.

Started by garbon, November 20, 2012, 03:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 20, 2012, 04:14:28 PM
I am happy to say I have no idea who this nutbar is.

I am, on the other hand, happy to say that despite having no idea who Fiona Apple is, I got teary-eyed when reading her post about Janet the dog.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on November 20, 2012, 04:15:35 PM
I have no idea who Fiona Apple is but I assume she is the kind of artist with a tight-knit small fan base. Such people have a completely different relationship with their audiences (which is often akin to that of virtual friendship) than a professional entertainer like Madonna, so I assume most of them won't mind.

Yeah she's out of the female singer-songwriter vein, for a long time had given up live performances, and consistently full of angst.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on November 20, 2012, 04:18:29 PM
I got teary-eyed when reading her post about Janet the dog.

Quote from: garbon on November 20, 2012, 04:21:04 PM
Yeah she's out of the female singer-songwriter vein, for a long time had given up live performances, and consistently full of angst.

Dog's probably had enough of her as it is anyway.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

I know who she is in that I knew that she's an angsty singer-songwriter type, but I couldn't name one of her songs or identify it as being hers if I happened to hear it.

Malthus

It's her choice. I can understand making it that way.

Now all she has to do is have her BF cheat on her, and lose her job, and she'll have the makings of a classic country song.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Yeah sorta. Or as kindle wanted me to say: Yeah aorta.

Josephus

Yeah, I see no problem with what she did. Although there seems to be a spate of female singer/songwriters cancelling tours.
I had tickets for sinead earlier this year and she cancelled. And I heard Cat Power cancelled her tour of Europe.
I think it's all menstrual.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on November 20, 2012, 05:57:54 PM
Yeah, I see no problem with what she did. Although there seems to be a spate of female singer/songwriters cancelling tours.
I had tickets for sinead earlier this year and she cancelled. And I heard Cat Power cancelled her tour of Europe.
I think it's all menstrual.

Meanwhile, Tegan and Sara had to cancel as the headline act (The Killers) had their singer come down sick.

Caliga

I don't know if she still is, but IIRC Fiona Apple used to be HOTT as hell. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Strix

Quote from: Caliga on November 20, 2012, 07:05:57 PM
I don't know if she still is, but IIRC Fiona Apple used to be HOTT as hell. :cool:

Yes, I loved the Criminal video!!  :hug:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Fireblade

Quote from: derspiess on November 20, 2012, 05:33:48 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 20, 2012, 05:21:59 PM
Fiona doing country...:hmm:

It has happened.  Sorta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcaOLPi6CWk

How did I not know about this?

Fiona Apple is pretty good. I liked her first album, that one with the long ass title (When the Pawn blah blah blah), and Extraordinary Machine. Haven't heard anything since then, though.

garbon

She's only had one album since that came out this year.