Started by Martinus, November 20, 2012, 07:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Iormlund

Martinus

Quote from: Jacob on November 20, 2012, 12:58:42 PM
Facing up to FIVE years in prison?

Well, he didn't do anything beyond preparation.

Martinus

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on November 20, 2012, 01:04:53 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 20, 2012, 12:55:10 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 20, 2012, 07:42:39 AM
Apparently, the guy was a supporter of the political party/leader supported also by szmik.  :ph34r:

Szmik didn't strike me as that bright.

How does that necessarily impugn szmik's political views?  By the same token I could discredit yours by finding some nutjob who happens to be a Democrat who voted for Obama.

Yeah, and Hamas is okay if you forget about the whole terrorism thing. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on November 20, 2012, 03:29:09 PM
Quote from: Jacob on November 20, 2012, 12:58:42 PM
Facing up to FIVE years in prison?

Well, he didn't do anything beyond preparation.

And gathered the materials. Meanwhile we have those men in California facing up to 15 and it sounds like they'd got as far as planning to go to a terrorist training camp.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on November 20, 2012, 08:49:32 PM
Apparently, the guy was a supporter of the political party/leader supported also by szmik.  :ph34r:

How does that necessarily impugn szmik's political views?  By the same token I could discredit yours by finding some nutjob who happens to be a Democrat who voted for Obama.

Even you have to recognize you just made a Marti like analogy.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on November 20, 2012, 10:57:05 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 20, 2012, 08:49:32 PM

Even you have to recognize you just made a Marti like analogy.

Did I?  It's been common currency in the US that the acts of terrorism legitimatize your positions.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on November 20, 2012, 11:03:42 PM
Did I?  It's been common currency in the US that the acts of terrorism legitimatize your positions.

Yes, you did. To be comparable to Hamas, you'd need to show some sort of collusion of the party that szmik reportedly supports and various terrorist actors. Otherwise, you're saying that any political party can be compared to Hamas as long as there is one individual who claims membership to the party and plots a terrorist act.

Razgovory

You know, you are becoming very tiresome.  I don't know even know what party Szimik is part of.  Could be the Nazi party for all I know.

garbon

Sure, I'll try and stay away from commenting on posts where you make ridiculous statements if you try cutting down the volume of them. :)

dps

Quote from: garbon on November 20, 2012, 11:07:16 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 20, 2012, 11:03:42 PM

Yes, you did. To be comparable to Hamas, you'd need to show some sort of collusion of the party that szmik reportedly supports and various terrorist actors. Otherwise, you're saying that any political party can be compared to Hamas as long as there is one individual who claims membership to the party and plots a terrorist act.

Yeah, but it's pretty common to do what Raz is doing, and equate anyone who supports a particular party, ideology, belief, etc., with the acts of the most extreme.  Not saying that it's right, but it's certainly not unusual.

garbon

It is rather odd to continue to do so, once derspeiss had called him out for that mistake.

Martinus

Still, in a situation in which person A supports an organization which engages in terrorist acts, while person B and person C both support an organization, and person C engages in terrorist acts, saying that person A is just like person B is pretty retarded.

It's like saying that criminal actions of anyone who ever voted for a specific party taint every single person who ever voted for the same party.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on November 21, 2012, 10:51:00 AM
It is rather odd to continue to do so, once derspeiss had called him out for that mistake.

It's even worse when you consider that the arrested guy here wasn't even a member of the party szmik supports, but just supported it.