The Day After v. Threads and When the Wind Blows

Started by Queequeg, November 18, 2012, 09:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on November 19, 2012, 05:30:31 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 19, 2012, 05:04:21 PM
Quote from: Syt on November 19, 2012, 04:37:41 PM
http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2012/11/red-dawn-wasnt-about-the-cold-war-it-was-about-shooting-people/265361/

Quote'Red Dawn' Wasn't About the Cold War; It Was About Shooting People
:P

It's a silly article.  Of course Red Dawn was about the cold war.  These weren't some faceless enemy, it was the Reds.  They rounded up people and put them into political re-education centres!

Beeb, what's up with you taking my posts so overly serious recently? Relax.

I wasn't talking to you, I was discussing the article.  And I knew you were joking in the other one, hence the attempted smilie :P

<_< stupid uppercase P
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Legbiter

Another oldie but a goodie. The Testament.

All-American housewife in a far-away suburb of San Francisco lives through WW3. No fancy buildup, warning, no nothing, an interrupted broadcast from the President on tv, followed by a brief flash as San Fran is nuked (along with the husband at work) and then you get to watch the town try to cope with the total isolation. Throw in infants, children and the old dying en masse from radiation poisoning, followed by the adults, etc. Film ends with the mother and her surviving children attempting suicide with carbon monoxide poisoning before she loses her nerve. Birthday party for one of the kids includes a candle on a Graham cracker.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Ed Anger

I wish Powers Boothe would parachute into this tread and start strangling people.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall