Gay rights protest in Moscow brutally pacified

Started by Martinus, May 16, 2009, 11:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Strix on May 16, 2009, 12:43:07 PM
It was an illegal march. They would have done the same thing in the US.
I haven't expected anything better from you, but just for others, the march was illegal because the authorities said they won't allow any march by gay rights groups. Not to mention, freedom of assembly is one of the basic human rights. It's like saying the police would be in their right to brutalize Rosa Parks because what she did was illegal.

Martinus

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Queequeg on May 16, 2009, 12:07:37 PM
Quote from: The Brain on May 16, 2009, 12:03:14 PM
Russians are gay.
Not really.  Its one of the few nations on Earth were the greatest poets and novelists are generally heterosexual, with apologies to Gogol and Marina Tsvetaeva.

Tchaikovsky sucked cock.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on May 16, 2009, 12:24:24 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on May 16, 2009, 12:07:37 PM
Quote from: The Brain on May 16, 2009, 12:03:14 PM
Russians are gay.
Not really.  Its one of the few nations on Earth were the greatest poets and novelists are generally heterosexual, with apologies to Gogol and Marina Tsvetaeva.
Tchaikovsky was famously gay (and pushed to suicide over it).

D'oh.

CountDeMoney

Anyway, anything named "Slavic Pride" needs to be broken up hardcore, fags in attendance or not.

Strix

Quote from: Martinus on May 16, 2009, 01:30:34 PM
Quote from: Strix on May 16, 2009, 12:43:07 PM
It was an illegal march. They would have done the same thing in the US.
I haven't expected anything better from you, but just for others, the march was illegal because the authorities said they won't allow any march by gay rights groups. Not to mention, freedom of assembly is one of the basic human rights. It's like saying the police would be in their right to brutalize Rosa Parks because what she did was illegal.

Hey, you were the one posting an article about an illegal protest. I am not sure why you're shocked that people were arrested for engaging in illegal acts. And, yes, a great many people were arrested during the Civil Rights Era for illegal protests, in the Vietnam Era for illegal protests, and today for illegal protests. It's expected at some Ivy League schools that you get arrested for protesting at some point especially at Brown. If forty gay rights activists had been gunned down during the protest than I would have a different view. They weren't, so this is really a non-event.

If you want to discuss the morality of the issue than you should have created a thread showing shock and dismay at the authorities outlawing the protest and not the police doing their jobs.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Tamas on May 16, 2009, 12:52:02 PM
Quote from: DGuller on May 16, 2009, 12:37:41 PM
So, let me get this straight, the Russian police didn't break any skulls or beat anyone up in prison over this, and yet you're still complaining?

You are evil!  :mad:
He's a fucking breeder!  Kill him! Offer him up to the ghost of Charles Nelson Riley!
PDH!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 16, 2009, 03:07:15 PMHe's a fucking breeder!  Kill him! Offer him up to the ghost of Charles Nelson Riley!

You know, if faggots were less like Marty and garbon, and more like Paul Lynde and Liberace, they'd probably be more widely accepted.

Tonitrus

I don't think this can be called homophobic, as the Russian/Moscow police tend brutally break up all demonstrations with equal vigor.

PDH

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 16, 2009, 03:22:47 PM
[You know, if faggots were less like Marty and garbon, and more like Paul Lynde and Liberace, they'd probably be more widely accepted.
Amen.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 16, 2009, 02:49:52 PM
Anyway, anything named "Slavic Pride" needs to be broken up hardcore, fags in attendance or not.

Thank you.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

Yeah, the whole gay angle aside, "Slavic Pride" is pretty much a contradiction in terms.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: dps on May 16, 2009, 10:18:07 PM

Yeah, the whole gay angle aside, "Slavic Pride" is pretty much a contradiction in terms.
Slavic Pride: Ten Thousand Years of Barbarism and Going Strong, A History You Can Be Proud of!
PDH!

Jaron

I disagree that freedom of assembly is a basic human right.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

syk