News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Favorite TV show from the '80s

Started by merithyn, November 16, 2012, 10:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: sbr on November 17, 2012, 03:19:13 PM
I forgot about Night Court, that was a great show.

:yes: "Bob and June Wheeler, as I live and breathe!"

Although it lost a few points in my book when I finally found out why Karen Austin disappeared after the first season.  Karen Austin >>> Markie Post.
Experience bij!

dps

Quote from: Syt on November 17, 2012, 09:56:34 AM
Quote from: Scipio on November 17, 2012, 09:54:05 AM
Magnum PI, Cosby, Hill Street Blues, In the Heat of the Night, Night Court, Matlock.  I'm sensing a trend here.

You're missing Hunter. And/or Slegde Hammer.

Sledge Hammer and Police Squad were great shows, but they lasted such a short period of time that I hesitated to call them favorites--I'm not sure that they could have kept up the quality if they'd run longer.

Syt

Sledge Hammer's beauty was that it was silly and ludicrous, and more often than not went for the cheap joke, but all charactersare aware of the stupidity and silliness - with the exception of Hammer (and often the villain) who plays it straight with endearing naivete. But I agree, I doubt it could have sustained its level for long.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

And went out with a pretty good un-fulfilled cliffhanger.

Syt

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 18, 2012, 02:41:59 PM

You mean the atom bomb? That was end of season 1. They returned in season 2 with an announcement, that the new season was taking place before the events of the last episode of season 1.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

dps

Quote from: Syt on November 19, 2012, 01:34:56 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on November 18, 2012, 02:41:59 PM

You mean the atom bomb? That was end of season 1. They returned in season 2 with an announcement, that the new season was taking place before the events of the last episode of season 1.

Yeah, it wasn't really a cliffhanger.  The bomb went off, and everybody died.

merithyn

Quote from: DontSayBanana on November 18, 2012, 10:09:24 AM

:yes: "Bob and June Wheeler, as I live and breathe!"

Although it lost a few points in my book when I finally found out why Karen Austin disappeared after the first season.  Karen Austin >>> Markie Post.

Why did she leave the show? :unsure:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Tonitrus

I just presumed it was probably because Markie Post had bigger...tracts of land.

garbon

Quick look said she had a few months of facial paralysis post bell's palsy.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 19, 2012, 12:20:54 PM
I just presumed it was probably because Markie Post had bigger...tracts of land.

Markie Post didn't become a regular until season 3. Until then, she was just an occasional cast member.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Syt

Quote from: merithyn on November 19, 2012, 12:27:23 PM
Until then, she was just an occasional cast member.

Because she was busy on The Fall Guy. Though she had nothing on Heather Locklear.

:wub:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 16, 2012, 01:52:29 PM
NBC's Thursday night line up was amazing:  Cosby, Family Ties, Cheers and then my favorite, Night Court.

Moonlighting was great right up until they ruined the show by getting hooked up, but I used to fucking cancel plans when it came to Miami Vice on Friday nights.

Yeah I watched that NBC line-up every Thursday Night when my parents would go out.  It was the only night I watched TV though so I do not feel very qualified to start naming my favorites.  Different World also came on that night eventually, I loved that show to.

What ruined Moonlighting was actor problems not getting them together, they just happened to occur at the same time.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: DontSayBanana on November 18, 2012, 10:09:24 AM

What was wrong with Markie Post?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmj0ru_markie-post-night-court-clevage_tv

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 19, 2012, 12:20:54 PM

I had a serious lust on Markie Post. Erection ahoy!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

Quote from: Syt on November 19, 2012, 12:32:01 PM
Quote from: merithyn on November 19, 2012, 12:27:23 PM
Until then, she was just an occasional cast member.

Because she was busy on The Fall Guy. Though she had nothing on Heather Locklear.

:wub:

She's got no tummy.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011