Miss D.C. to have breasts removed after Miss America pageant.

Started by Syt, November 17, 2012, 01:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 18, 2012, 08:32:47 PM
There is nothing inconsistantly sexist about greater funding for breast cancer.

Men like boobies.  :P

Well I just figure if you cure one kind of cancer it seems logical that other kinds of cancers will also be cured.  I just figured they were using boobies' positive image to draw in donations.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

She wont be able to breast feed her children and yet she is doing this for her children to be- so she says

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 19, 2012, 03:42:41 PM
She wont be able to breast feed her children and yet she is doing this for her children to be- so she says

:huh:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

crazy canuck

Quote from: merithyn on November 19, 2012, 03:45:31 PM

You do know that a woman must have breast in order to breast feed right?

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 19, 2012, 03:58:27 PM

I'm trying to understand how what she says is negated by your statement.

crazy canuck

Quote from: merithyn on November 19, 2012, 03:59:39 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 19, 2012, 03:58:27 PM

I'm trying to understand how what she says is negated by your statement.

I dont understand what part you dont understand

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 19, 2012, 04:06:46 PM

How does her ability or inability to breast feed her children negate that she is having her boobs lopped off in order to be around to watch them grow up?

crazy canuck

Quote from: merithyn on November 19, 2012, 04:31:41 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 19, 2012, 04:06:46 PM

How does her ability or inability to breast feed her children negate that she is having her boobs lopped off in order to be around to watch them grow up?

I call bullshit for a couple of reasons:

1) her mother got cancer for the first time at about the age she is now.  If this wasnt anything other than a publicity stunt and she really meant what she is saying those breasts would be off by now.

2) The harm of not breast feeding is real as opposed to the chance that she might some day get cancer that will likely by that time become treatable.

She is worse than Marti's look and me look at me threads because no one in their right mind would do what Marti says but this kook's publicity stunt may actually convince healthy women to cut off their breasts.  Even if you dont consider the horror of this reality for Cal will no one think about the woman and their unborn children?  I mean this kook says she is.

Fate

She's a carrier for a genetic disease that predisposes her to multiple forms of cancer and she has a strong family history of fatal early onset breast cancer. She isn't some random person with an aunt who got breast cancer at age 67 and has no other risk factors.

Anyway, 1) she can get human breast milk from a donor AND eliminate her risk for cancer 2) most women don't breast feed all that long anyway once they leave the hospital even if they have two breasts...

katmai

So she's gonna bring in children who will carry same such risks?!?!?

Might as well make sure she can't do that too.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on November 19, 2012, 05:10:08 PM
So she's gonna bring in children who will carry same such risks?!?!?

Might as well make sure she can't do that too.

It seems to me, from what I understand from doctors, that's really rare. If it's a legitimate cancer gene, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Fate on November 19, 2012, 04:49:28 PM
2) most women don't breast feed all that long anyway once they leave the hospital even if they have two breasts...

Another odd US norm?

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 19, 2012, 04:40:35 PM

2) The harm of not breast feeding is real as opposed to the chance that she might some day get cancer that will likely by that time become treatable.

:lmfao:

What utter bullshit. This woman is at a 65% chance of getting a deadly form of breast cancer. Her children, should she have any, could survive just fine without ever having a drop of breast milk. Generations of humans have proven that.

crazy canuck

Quote from: merithyn on November 19, 2012, 05:19:07 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 19, 2012, 04:40:35 PM

:lmfao:

What utter bullshit. This woman is at a 65% chance of getting a deadly form of breast cancer. Her children, should she have any, could survive just fine without ever having a drop of breast milk. Generations of humans have proven that.

Yes, I agree her publicity stunt is utter bullshit.  If she really is at a 65% chance risk of dying why the hell does she still have those deadly breasts attached to her body?

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 19, 2012, 05:18:47 PM
Quote from: Fate on November 19, 2012, 04:49:28 PM
2) most women don't breast feed all that long anyway once they leave the hospital even if they have two breasts...

Another odd US norm?

Oh for fuck's sake. Don't go all Jos on us now, CC.

There are plenty of women incapable of breast feeding. There are also women who find that it doesn't work for them and their families. There are babies who find breast feeding a problem. There are hundreds of reasons why breast feeding isn't used by any number of families all over the world.

Breast feeding is the preferred method of feeding one's child, but it is by no means the only method of doing so. Nor does it "harm the child" to be a formula-fed kid.