News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The next Star Trek MMORPG: Another Epic Fail?

Started by CountDeMoney, May 16, 2009, 08:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: HVC on January 06, 2010, 10:05:41 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 06, 2010, 09:21:32 PM
Bound to be, yes. :(
The "U.S.S. Ask For Anal" :contract:

I'm sure that would still get someone swiftly booted from the server... might be able to get away with playing a Negh'var as the "IKC AskF'r An'l," though. :contract:
Experience bij!

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on January 06, 2010, 09:21:32 PM
Bound to be, yes. :(

:D thankfully not too bad in the beta tonight.

And yeah beeb so many people trying to dl'd the client plus the larger amount of people in beta trying to dl'd the patch before todays playtest have killed the speeds I reckon.

Though it means they are adding another day of beta testing for tomorrow :w00t:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Barrister

katmai

katmai

Barrister

katmai

Just teasing ya Beeb, I took a few screenshots so bear with me while I try to cover what i was able to see in about 6-7 hours of play time.

DontSayBanana

EDIT: NVM.  Your response just came in at the same time I was whining. :blush:
Experience bij!

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on January 06, 2010, 11:31:34 PM
Just teasing ya Beeb, I took a few screenshots so bear with me while I try to cover what i was able to see in about 6-7 hours of play time.

I figured you were, but since you were looking for a response I figured I needed to give you one.  :hug:

My download is up to 67%.

katmai

These are the voyages of the Starship Paulet*, to boldy go where no other Languishite has gone before!

So if you've seen the character creator video that was leaked, it looked the same, there was some mention in patch notes of adding some Betazoid, Trill and another species features, so gives you an idea how they are still adding stuff. Like I said this patch was just over 3 gigs, giving you and idea how big the updates are.

Anyways after spending a short amount of time (like 20mins :P ) my first character is a Tactical branch alien species.
A pic of how he looks (you bet your ass i put him back into gold as that is the only correct color for a captain!) :D

Pedro Paulet Peruvian Rocket pioneer.

sbr

katmai

After character creation you are plopped down on ship that is being besieged by the Borg!
You are given a ground tutorial by the EMH voiced by Shame's favorite Spock!.
After completing it you are able to choose your first bridge officer, i ended up with Andorian Engineer.

Then there is quick jaunt through space in your ship to learn controls. Then finally face the Borg planet side. After successfully defeating Borg you are recalled back to Starbase to be promoted to take command of first ship.

On the starbase you can visit tailor (where you can change your appearance and that of your Bridge officers. Not race as of yet though)
Also can visit vendors for Personal equipment and ones for Modifications to your ship. There is a bank and non-operating Auction house as well.
There is also a vendor where you can modify the appearance of your ship (pick and choose between three ships in each class, or even pick and choose parts from each for the 4 different parts of ship, (Nacelles, Saucer, Struts and ...crap don't recall the 4th))

My customized low rider. :P