News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The next Star Trek MMORPG: Another Epic Fail?

Started by CountDeMoney, May 16, 2009, 08:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: katmai on January 01, 2010, 06:51:06 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 01, 2010, 06:46:49 PM
I'm gonna wait for katmai to piss away his money on this before I make the decision to piss away mine.
Well If Crazy Ivan gets in open beta without preorder I think I will still have 1 more 10day pass to give away (tamas and Berks have the other two)
I would like to give this a try, just to try an MMO with some of the other 'toons here.

If someone is serious about getting a trial to see if they want to buy the game, then by all means give it to them, as I am pretty sure that i would just crank out during the ten days and then drop it because my attention span for MMOs isn't that impressive.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

I read the 3-part preview on mmorpg.com, and my initial take is that the launch will be messy, but with just a little luck the game can actually maintain my interest on the longterm.

So thanks for the trial key katmai, I can't wait :)

katmai

Quote from: Tamas on January 01, 2010, 07:07:21 PM
I read the 3-part preview on mmorpg.com, and my initial take is that the launch will be messy, but with just a little luck the game can actually maintain my interest on the longterm.

So thanks for the trial key katmai, I can't wait :)

Sure, and as it's apparently like EVE with one world server you'll be able to play with GF/Beeb/Berkie and myself.

Now don't forget I won't get the guest passes till actual release of 2.2.10, so if you get into open beta you might not even want/need it :D

Berkut

Speaking of pissing away money, can one of you Wowtards send some gold to Divhur? Shit is too expensive in this game if you don't have an 80 handy.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Quote from: Berkut on January 01, 2010, 08:26:36 PM
Speaking of pissing away money, can one of you Wowtards send some gold to Divhur? Shit is too expensive in this game if you don't have an 80 handy.

On the hoof? I can log in and see what i have, might not be too much though since haven't been doing dailies :P

Barrister

Do you still need?

I'm sure I still have 80g on the Hoof.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Alcibiades

Been thinking about getting this.....

Screw a trill, you can get a borg bridge officer if you pre-order from the Uk. :lol:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

katmai

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 01, 2010, 09:55:01 PM
Been thinking about getting this.....

Screw a trill, you can get a borg bridge officer if you pre-order from the Uk. :lol:

You can get Borg from Amazon.com no need to buy the UK one.

katmai

Okay I sent what i could ( like 550 gold) sorry it's not more.

Tamas

So what's the way of applying for open beta?

katmai

To my knowledge, just have to keep checking the STO website as they haven't posted anything yet.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: katmai on January 01, 2010, 06:51:06 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 01, 2010, 06:46:49 PM
I'm gonna wait for katmai to piss away his money on this before I make the decision to piss away mine.
Well If Crazy Ivan gets in open beta without preorder I think I will still have 1 more 10day pass to give away (tamas and Berks have the other two)

tnx for the pass kat :) but lets cross our fingers that the open beta is truly open so that 1 pass can be saved for someone else :)

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tamas on January 02, 2010, 04:48:37 AM
So what's the way of applying for open beta?

Wait for January 12th is step 1.

Are Trill considered cool? I never heard of them before googling it last nite. Sounds like I'll get to play as a Goa'uld.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

I wanna be a Gorn, and have pasta strainers for eyes.