NFL Week 11: Where's the back up QB? WHERES THE OVERRIDE? THE OVERRIDE?

Started by CountDeMoney, November 15, 2012, 08:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Win's a win.
If anybody gets the credit for the win, it's Jones for the only Ravens TD, and Corey Graham for making big plays, but other than Pollard knocking out Cotchery's lights out, the Big Play was the brilliant safety blitz blindside pop Leftwich took from Ihedigbo, since he couldn't throw the ball after that.   He was injured all game, but that really took it out of him.

He should've been yanked early.  If anybody wants to put the blame on NFL Properties' loss tonight, gotta put it on coach Tomlin for not yanking an obviously injured Leftwich for Batch, who does nothing but throw for miles.

But a gutsy, gutsy game by the Ravens defense, getting solid after it looked like the running game was getting the best of them in the 3rd quarter.

Neil

Cory Graham and Paul Kruger were awesome, but yeah, Ihedigbo's hit really should have ended Leftwich's night.  If Batch is the QB that he was last time he played, he was their best chance to win.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 18, 2012, 10:54:22 PM
EDIT2: NOOO! Gronk broke his arm!  :cry:

The Patriots are lucky he was the only impact injury while running up the score at the end of the game with all their starters still in.

Somebody's going to have enough of the Patriots' throwing bombs when they're up by 45 with 8 minutes left in the game, and will make that cost-benefit analysis decision very quickly between the league fine and the crown of his helmet under Brady's chin.

One of these days, Belichick is going to get one of his players truly hurt for his asshole hubris.  I only hope it happens sooner than later.

Grey Fox

There was no way of knowing but Chad Henne scored 38 points for Neil's bench.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 18, 2012, 10:54:22 PM
Watching the Pats game right now.

Damn, what a good performance by the Pats! :w00t:

EDIT: Edelman is a beast! 2 TDs already and just ripped off a 47 yard run!

EDIT2: NOOO! Gronk broke his arm!  :cry:

No we bullshit. I'm proud of you son.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 19, 2012, 07:44:34 AM
The Patriots are lucky he was the only impact injury while running up the score at the end of the game with all their starters still in.

No shit.  They were playing "Karma Chameleon" on Mike & Mike this morning.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Yeah.  Remember when Welker's ACL blown out on a meaningless Week 17 game against Houston?  And remember what happened to them in the playoffs that year?

Good times.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

It looks like NFL popularity really is spreading to all corners of the world.  Eight years ago I knew just one Argentine who followed American football.  At the big family reunion bash in Buenos Aires a week & a half ago I had people cornering me left and right to talk about football. 

Fan loyalties are all across the board and I suspect they relate to specific cities each Argie has visited.  From what I can remember on that Fernet-filled night the following teams were mentioned as favorites:  Giants, Dolphins, Niners, Texans, Saints, Patriots :rolleyes: , and Bengals (not sure if that was sincere but whatever).
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on November 19, 2012, 11:59:16 AM
Fan loyalties are all across the board and I suspect they relate to specific cities each Argie has visited.

Makes about as much sense as any other way of picking a favourite team when you live far, far away from the league in question.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on November 19, 2012, 12:19:07 PM
Fan loyalties are all across the board and I suspect they relate to specific cities each Argie has visited.

Makes about as much sense as any other way of picking a favourite team when you live far, far away from the league in question.

No.  They should all go by whatever team their niece or cousin or close family friend's husband is affiliated with :angry:

I mean, I could have gone with Racing or the easiest choice-- Boca Juniors as my favorite Argie soccer team but I went with River because they are my wife's family's favorite team.

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on November 19, 2012, 12:29:08 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 19, 2012, 12:19:07 PM

No.  They should all go by whatever team their niece or cousin or close family friend's husband is affiliated with :angry:

I mean, I could have gone with Racing or the easiest choice-- Boca Juniors as my favorite Argie soccer team but I went with River because they are my wife's family's favorite team.

Hmm... now you have me wondering - what is my brother's favourite Brazillian soccer team.  I bet he has one. :hmm:

And apparently after a few visits by my brother to Brazil his future brother-in-law painted a Calgary Flames logo (my brother's favourite team, and a nice simple logo) on a bus he owns in Brazil.  :wacko:

Given that you've actually worked for the Bengals you have some reason to complain actually.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on November 19, 2012, 01:09:07 PM
And apparently after a few visits by my brother to Brazil his future brother-in-law painted a Calgary Flames logo (my brother's favourite team, and a nice simple logo) on a bus he owns in Brazil.  :wacko:

Awesome.  I bet that would throw the random Canadian (or American if he's a hockey fan) for a loop if they ever happened to see that bus.

Quote from: Barrister on November 19, 2012, 01:09:07 PM
Given that you've actually worked for the Bengals you have some reason to complain actually.

I'm not really worked up about it.  I'm just glad they're starting to appreciate the sport and that nobody is a Steelers fan.  I think I invited like 20 people to come up here & go to a game-- hopefully they don't all fly up at the same time :D

katmai

QuoteThe National Football League announced on Monday that Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed has been suspended for one game without pay for repeated violations of player safety rules that prohibit hits to the head and neck area of defenseless players.

In the third quarter of the Ravens' 13-10 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday night, Reed was flagged for an unnecessary roughness penalty following a hit on wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders. The penalty was considered to be Reed's third violation in the past three seasons, resulting in today's suspension announcement.

The first of Reed's three violations occurred on Dec. 19, 2010, when Reed was penalized for roughing the passer and fined $10,000 for a hit to head and neck area of New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees. Reed's second violation came on Sept. 23, 2012 after Reed was flagged for unnecessary roughness and fined $21,000 for striking a defenseless play, New England Patriots wide receiver Deion Branch.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

What a bunch of bullshit.  That shot last night, he was leading with his shoulder, and the receiver zigged when he should've zagged.

Faggot ass league.  Even after the loss, the league'll always make sure NFL Properties will still get theirs.