NFL Week 11: Where's the back up QB? WHERES THE OVERRIDE? THE OVERRIDE?

Started by CountDeMoney, November 15, 2012, 08:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 16, 2012, 12:33:54 PM
Sanchez4CFL. A Proper replacement for Calvillo, maybe?

Nah.  Sanchez has made his millions.  Why on earth would he come up to the CFL to earn, a hundred thou per year?  It's not as if the game is any physically easier up here.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on November 16, 2012, 01:05:43 PM

Nah.  Sanchez has made his millions.  Why on earth would he come up to the CFL to earn, a hundred thou per year?  It's not as if the game is any physically easier up here.

He doesn't know how to do anything else? It's the same reason why Hockey journeyman sometimes go to Europe to play towards the end of their career or when they can't make the NHL anymore. See : Sean Pronger
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Why did Akili Smith do it?  Sometimes you want to compete.

That said, shitty QBs don't last long up here.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on November 16, 2012, 04:23:53 PM
Why did Akili Smith do it?  Sometimes you want to compete.

That said, shitty QBs don't last long up here.

I doubt he made anywhere near the money Sanchez has received.  He was a high draft pick in '99 so he would have gotten something, but he was cut by 2002.  I'm sure that money was long gone.

And hockey players... going to Europe isn't a really physical game over there.  So why not extend your career a few years.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on November 16, 2012, 04:33:30 PM
I doubt he made anywhere near the money Sanchez has received.  He was a high draft pick in '99 so he would have gotten something, but he was cut by 2002.  I'm sure that money was long gone.

And hockey players... going to Europe isn't a really physical game over there.  So why not extend your career a few years.
I'm sure he didn't, but there's no guarantee that Sanchez was smart with his money either, you racist.  Just because a guy is black doesn't mean that he blew his whole signing bonus on a diamond earing.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

dps

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 16, 2012, 10:58:40 AM
Rex does have some coaching skills - no one in the league prepares their guys more thoroughly for the long and grueling pre-game week of trash talk.
Also it isn't fair for the media to report that the Jets have a quaterback controversy: a choice between a third-string QB and a special teams guy is not a QB controversy, it's just an admission of organizational dysfunction.

:lol:

He's his daddy's son.  He's a good Defensive Coordinator but a terrible Head Coach.  Though in Rex's case, there's less actual evidence that he's a good DC than there was for his father (Buddy Ryan wasn't just a good DC--he was an all-time great).  OTOH, as a HC, it's taken Rex longer to destroy his team than it took Buddy.

A couple of years ago (or a year ago?) I heard Mike Golic talking about Ryan's style, and defending him by pointing out that a team can bond over having (or seeming to have) everybody else against them.  At the time, my thought was, "Yeah, but what happens when they figure out that the reason everyone's against them is because their head coach is a dickhead?".  I think the Jets are about to that point.

Neil

Quote from: dps on November 16, 2012, 08:34:22 PM
A couple of years ago (or a year ago?) I heard Mike Golic talking about Ryan's style, and defending him by pointing out that a team can bond over having (or seeming to have) everybody else against them.  At the time, my thought was, "Yeah, but what happens when they figure out that the reason everyone's against them is because their head coach is a dickhead?".  I think the Jets are about to that point.
That can work.  Remember how Brian Billick was treating the media that year they won the Superbowl?

'Where do you get off telling all these people how to do their jobs?'

"Because I have the podium and you're all here to listen to me."

That and the line about how they wouldn't rehash the Ray Lewis legal thing because it wasn't the place and they weren't qualified.  Classic Billick.

MadBurgerMaker

Wow the Texans have already knocked Gabbert out of the game, or he's at least out for the moment, with Henne warming up and all that. 

E: Doh.  Couldn't turn that fumble into anything but a 3 and out.  Bad couple of passes by Schaub.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Neil

Wow.  Nice play by Jacksonville there.  A bad tackle and a bad angle turns into a touchdown.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Even on a Ravens prime time Sunday, I get Gumbel and Dierdorf with the Browns and Cowboys. 

I am convinced they will be doing the play-by-play and color in my afterlife.  A SUPERLATIVE DEATH BY A PREMIER PLAYER IN THIS AFTERLIFE

Neil

Man, what is happening in Houston right now?  That last play was just a disaster in every way.