Hamas military chief Ahmed Jabari killed by Israeli strike

Started by jimmy olsen, November 14, 2012, 05:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kleves

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 21, 2012, 08:17:59 AM
In this conflict only of the side has the means to end the conflict. At some point Isreal and the rest of the World going to have to face that fact.
You mean the Israelis should just kill all the Palestinians and have done with it? :hmm:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

DGuller

In some macabre way, terrorism is understandable when you're in Palestinian shoes.  You don't have the military to fight Israel, so if you're forced to fight it, you have to resort to such means to sap its morale.  Morality and ethics is the luxury of the haves.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Kleves on November 21, 2012, 09:48:59 AM
In this conflict only of the side has the means to end the conflict. At some point Isreal and the rest of the World going to have to face that fact.
You mean the Israelis should just kill all the Palestinians and have done with it? :hmm:

Kick them all out would suffice, I think.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Viking

:huh:
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 21, 2012, 09:12:20 AM
Is this translated directly from Norwegian? The  grammar's a bit off.

Grammar is bad because I wrote it without editing.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on November 21, 2012, 09:50:10 AM
In some macabre way, terrorism is understandable when you're in Palestinian shoes.  You don't have the military to fight Israel, so if you're forced to fight it, you have to resort to such means to sap its morale.  Morality and ethics is the luxury of the haves.

My ancestors just packed up and left.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 21, 2012, 09:53:48 AM
Quote from: Kleves on November 21, 2012, 09:48:59 AM

Kick them all out would suffice, I think.

Send them to Madagascar?

Viking

It's true.

You suggest that this conflict is a voluntary one and that if Israel just withdraws to it's legally recognized international border with the legally recognized UN member Arab Republic of Palestine and ceases to be exceptionally vile and malevolent in it's patently illegal occupation of Palestine then all will be well and dandy?

Because that worked so well when Israel did that in Lebanon and Gaza. Oh, and there is no international border or state. The conflict ends when the parties negotiate an end. Israeli political leaders of both sides of the spectrum have offered detailed final status proposals that will end the conflict the Palestinians have not, in fact when the Israelis do the Palestinian leaders usually do their level best to escape the negotiation location. Abbas is boycotting talks, not Netanyahu.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: Valmy on November 21, 2012, 09:16:37 AM
Quote from: Viking on November 21, 2012, 08:20:56 AM
That's Marxian history analysis in action. Twisting every act in history into a cookie cutter mold of oppressor vs. oppressed fighting over resources results virtually every time i the stronger side being defied as evil by virtue of being stronger.

Might makes wrong?

That's the assumption. It's a zero sum view of the world, if you have power and wealth then you stole it from those who have less than you.

Viking

That's claptrap.

Lets say, you are locked in a tight urban area surrounded by enemies who are at best blithely callous of your fate and at worst plotting genocide against you. Do you send commandos through the tunnels or sewers to murder their civilians as your only means of resistance? Well, I know what the Jews of the Warsaw Ghetto didn't do. They didn't even try to kill any of the German civilians, often the wives and children of the SS men getting ready to send them to Auschwitz.

Lets say, you are heavily outnumbered by a more technologically advanced foe with modern army leadership equipped with some of the best planes and tanks in the world and you are only equipped with home made bombs and small arms. Do you refuse to negotiate and kill any and all enemy civilians you can find? Do you permit murderous terror groups to operate freely? Well, I know the Jews in the 1947 war were outnumbered by Arab state armies equipped with Spitfires and Shermans equipped only with light arms. The Jews arrested terrorist leaders like Menachim Begin and disarmed groups like the Irgun and Stern Gang who did carry out murders of civilians.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Viking on November 21, 2012, 10:09:06 AM
It's true.

You suggest that this conflict is a voluntary one and that if Israel just withdraws to it's legally recognized international border with the legally recognized UN member Arab Republic of Palestine and ceases to be exceptionally vile and malevolent in it's patently illegal occupation of Palestine then all will be well and dandy?

Because that worked so well when Israel did that in Lebanon and Gaza. Oh, and there is no international border or state. The conflict ends when the parties negotiate an end. Israeli political leaders of both sides of the spectrum have offered detailed final status proposals that will end the conflict the Palestinians have not, in fact when the Israelis do the Palestinian leaders usually do their level best to escape the negotiation location. Abbas is boycotting talks, not Netanyahu.

Yes but exactly the opposite.

Viking

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 21, 2012, 11:10:57 AM
Quote from: Viking on November 21, 2012, 10:09:06 AM
It's true.

Yes but exactly the opposite.

ah, so you suggest that there is a recognized international border or a palestinian state or the occupation is illegal or that the occupation is exceptionally vile and malevolent or are you suggesting that israels unilateral withdrawls from lebanon and gaza produced peace or that the israelis have not made detailed final status proposals or that the palestinians have or that israeli leaders have skiddadled from peace talks or that netanyahu is boycotting the talks?

details please...

Grey Fox

I'm suggesting that Isreal drive the Palestinians to the Sea.

Viking

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 21, 2012, 11:17:11 AM

That's just immoral and stupid. I thought you were joking.

Fate

Quote from: Viking on November 21, 2012, 10:20:21 AM
.. The Jews arrested terrorist leaders like Menachim Begin and disarmed groups like the Irgun and Stern Gang who did carry out murders of civilians.
And then made him their leader? That's one strong condemnation of terrorism.  :sleep:

Grey Fox

Quote from: Viking on November 21, 2012, 11:19:46 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 21, 2012, 11:17:11 AM

That's just immoral and stupid. I thought you were joking.

Why is it stupid?

The Palestinians could also get a clue & stop following Hamas line of conduct but that is asking too much out of Muslims.