Sciopero! Strike! Huelga! Streik! Other languages are welcome.

Started by Pedrito, November 14, 2012, 10:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedrito

The european general strike against austerity/unemployment/banks/Bilderberg Group/the demoplutomasonic jewish military-industrial complex/pharma companies has the usual result of several italian cities blocked by rioters, clashes with police forces, and slogans thrown at the passersby.

Is this happening in other european nations?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Duque de Bragança

No Grève in France (sorry) but Greve in Portugal.

Richard Hakluyt

Nothing much happening here, some flights have been cancelled due to strikes in Europe.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

No.

I got an e-mail from the union two days ago inviting me for a solidarity protest action they staged today.

Zanza

I don't really understand the rationale of a strike against high unemployment anyway.

Viking

Quote from: Pedrito on November 14, 2012, 10:19:57 AM
The european general strike against austerity/unemployment/banks/Bilderberg Group/the demoplutomasonic jewish military-industrial complex/pharma companies has the usual result of several italian cities blocked by rioters, clashes with police forces, and slogans thrown at the passersby.

Is this happening in other european nations?

L.

Shit like this never turns out well.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Crazy_Ivan80

wallonistan and Brusselbania on strike, Flanders of course not.

schaksen

Quote from: Liep on November 14, 2012, 10:50:10 AM
We haven't had a good strike in years.
With that ex-commie booted out of the "ministry of business affairs and groth" we might se more lefties striking...
Joking aside the latest moves by the "enhedsliste" MP's might stir up some shit on the left wing sooner or later.
Formerly known as Gumby, this was/is my pdx nick

Liep

Quote from: schaksen on November 14, 2012, 04:37:20 PM
Quote from: Liep on November 14, 2012, 10:50:10 AM
We haven't had a good strike in years.
With that ex-commie booted out of the "ministry of business affairs and groth" we might se more lefties striking...
Joking aside the latest moves by the "enhedsliste" MP's might stir up some shit on the left wing sooner or later.
:P
They were talking about revolution not so long ago.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

schaksen

And in danish it is called Strejke or arbejdsnedlæggelse but that just means stoppping work (walkout?)
Formerly known as Gumby, this was/is my pdx nick

Martinus

I think the last general strike (btw, it's "strajk" in Polish) we had was back in 1990s.

We sometimes get protests in Warsaw organized by some professional groups (like nurses or coal miners) and recently by trade unions in general against raising the retirement age but they do not involve strikes in general - this may be because with some exceptions, most businesses are private/privatised, so strikes usually address conditions in a specific factory etc.

Edit: Apparently, the last general strike in Poland was actually in 1981.  :homestar:

Martinus

On the other hand, we just had a right wing rally last Sunday, organized by extreme right wing organizations, at the end of which the leader called for the "bringing down of the republic" to strike fear into the hearts of "leftists and faggots". So we are more like the Weimar Republic than pre-revolutionary Spain.  :rolleyes:

Pedrito

Quote from: Martinus on November 15, 2012, 03:39:12 AM
I think the last general strike (btw, it's "strajk" in Polish) we had was back in 1990s.

We sometimes get protests in Warsaw organized by some professional groups (like nurses or coal miners) and recently by trade unions in general against raising the retirement age but they do not involve strikes in general - this may be because with some exceptions, most businesses are private/privatised, so strikes usually address conditions in a specific factory etc.

Edit: Apparently, the last general strike in Poland was actually in 1981.  :homestar:
Solidarność?

Here leftist worker unions try to organize at least a general strike every year or so, and usually the rallies pick up a whole lot of far left wing anti-establishment, anti-government, anarchic, black-blockish organizations that end in clashes, smoke bombs and police charges.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Martinus

The left is very weak in Poland right now. If you want a comparison to France, Polish politics right now is about Sarkozy vs. Le Pen.