Arizona wife injures husband with car for failing to vote, allowing Obama to win

Started by garbon, November 13, 2012, 10:44:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ariz-wife-injures-husband-car-failing-vote-police-article-1.1201048

QuoteAn Arizona woman was so enraged over her husband's failure to vote in last week's presidential race — essentially blaming him for President Obama's re-election — that cops claim she mowed him down with her car.

Holly Solomon, 28, was cuffed after allegedly injuring her husband, Daniel Solomon, 36, with her Jeep in a Gilbert parking lot Saturday morning, the Arizona Republic reported Monday.

Daniel Solomon told investigators that his wife "just hated Obama," according to local ABC affiliate KNXV.

A Gilbert police spokesman said she "believed her family was going to have hardship" under a second Obama term. Although GOP challenger Mitt Romney failed to win key swing states in the election, he still earned Arizona's 11 electoral votes.

And even if Daniel Solomon had voted for Romney or any other candidate besides Obama, it wouldn't have made a difference — a fact that apparently didn't matter to Holly Solomon.

According to someone who called 911, the Mesa couple had gotten into an argument.

"He got out of the car and she was screaming at him," the caller said, according to KNXV. "And he started walking away and she started driving in circles around him. And she wouldn't let him go, so finally he took off to try to get away, and she ran into him."

According to reports, Daniel Solomon took refuge behind a light pole, but his wife allegedly continued to try and plow him down. Eventually, police said, she pinned him with the car.

Police booked Holly Solomon on domestic violence charges. They don't believe she was under the influence of alcohol or drugs, according to reports.

Her husband, meanwhile, was in critical condition at Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center, the Republic reported. His exact injuries weren't immediately known.

People need to calm the fuck down!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Darth Wagtaros

I'm glad she was drunk or high. I'd hate to think of someone who was not on chemical overload doing this.
PDH!

merithyn

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on November 13, 2012, 11:43:17 AM
I'm glad she was drunk or high. I'd hate to think of someone who was not on chemical overload doing this.

Quote from: garbon on November 13, 2012, 10:44:41 AM

Police booked Holly Solomon on domestic violence charges. They don’t believe she was under the influence of alcohol or drugs, according to reports.
Her husband, meanwhile, was in critical condition at Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center, the Republic reported. His exact injuries weren't immediately known.

:hmm:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Her only drug was Obama rage unfortunately.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Gups

mongers

I think he's gotten off lightly and the prize will be a relatively inexpensive divorce. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on November 13, 2012, 02:48:59 PM
I think he's gotten off lightly and the prize will be a relatively inexpensive divorce. 

QuoteHer husband, meanwhile, was in critical condition at Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center, the Republic reported. His exact injuries weren't immediately known.

:huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Good reminder of the intellectual level of the Republican core support these days.

Valmy

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: merithyn on November 13, 2012, 11:47:19 AM

Quote from: garbon on November 13, 2012, 10:44:41 AM

Police booked Holly Solomon on domestic violence charges. They don't believe she was under the influence of alcohol or drugs, according to reports.

:hmm:

She was certainly on something. The body can create a chemical overload all by itself sometimes.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

QuoteAn Arizona woman was so enraged over her husband's failure to vote in last week's presidential race — essentially blaming him for President Obama's re-election — that cops claim she mowed him down with her car.

Considering there were over 614,000 votes still uncounted in Maricopa County as of Monday morning, she may have a point.