Starbucks Will 'Pay' For Gay Marriage Support: NOM Pledge

Started by garbon, November 12, 2012, 07:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 13, 2012, 12:33:32 PM
Meanwhile, Applebee's and Papa johns are in the fagballs' sights.

That Papa John's guy is a douchebag.  Another one of those "Obamacare will force me to lay people off" assfucks.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 13, 2012, 12:54:07 PM

That Papa John's guy is a douchebag.  Another one of those "Obamacare will force me to lay people off" assfucks.

No argument there.

But I will bring balance to the force.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 13, 2012, 12:54:07 PM

That's actually why Papa John's is on the list. Not surprised by the gay-hate though.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

Papa John's is in my sights.  Getting a pizza from them is like pulling teeth.  The last three times I got a pizza there, I've had problems.  Last time they tried to make me pay twice.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Saladin

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 12, 2012, 07:12:46 PM
So, the National Organization for Marriage is going to work with Islamic fundamentalists in the Middle East to make Starbucks "pay" for this?

I certainly hope the NOM will have the opportunity to explain to the Federal Bureau of Investigation what precisely they have in mind.

And to their own members for cooperating with Islamic fundamentalist. I have a feeling
that their members aren't exactly the most muslim friendly lot.
"You'd be better served taxing your conscience for those who deserve your regret."

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

Papa Johns, Godfathers, Dominos - what is it about chains that make cheap pizza and right-wing zealotry?  Is there same chemical in the fake tomato sauce or the cardboard used to make the "crust"?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

merithyn

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 13, 2012, 02:31:20 PM
Papa Johns, Godfathers, Dominos - what is it about chains that make cheap pizza and right-wing zealotry?  Is there same chemical in the fake tomato sauce or the cardboard used to make the "crust"?

To be fair, Dominos is no longer on the list. The original owner is no longer involved in any way with the running of Dominoes and they no longer dedicate any funds to the pro-life movement.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 13, 2012, 02:31:20 PM

Maybe the huge markup on their products leads to them despising the masses  :hmm: