Main Menu

All I want for Christmas is...

Started by merithyn, November 13, 2012, 10:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: garbon on November 13, 2012, 02:27:18 PM
Quote from: merithyn on November 13, 2012, 11:26:25 AM
Quote from: Liep on November 13, 2012, 11:22:23 AM
For a decent evening; I'll be going to a party where I know 4 out of 20. I'll be drunk by 17.

We have a rule for Christmas: No getting dressed, no cooking, and no cleaning. We order pizza or Chinese food, and curl up on the couch with plush blankies. I love Christmas. :)

We always have a great big family get together. So dress nicely on Christmas eve - then look whatever on Christmas where a few of us cook/clean.

We always do our big dinner on Xmas eve too, makes for a very lazy and casual Xmas Day.

crazy canuck

Quote from: sbr on November 13, 2012, 03:25:20 PM
We always do our big dinner on Xmas eve too, makes for a very lazy and casual Xmas Day.

Do you mean supper? :hmm:

merithyn

I got tired of the pressure of the holidays when I was married to Jerry, and Max got tired of the crap from his family, so we decided that Christmas would be "our" holiday with no pressure, no expectations, nothing but us time. We've managed to swing it every year but one, and we've really enjoyed it.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

DontSayBanana

Tools I can use for some of my robotics projects, preferably a mini-PC like a MK802 or even a Raspberry Pi.
Experience bij!

dps

Quote from: Tamas on November 13, 2012, 12:42:16 PM
If I want something (well, in a price range that would be fit for a present) I buy it. Often, I buy it fast enough to only later realize that I didn't REALLY want it.

So what is becoming the custom is that I get: whiskey as present, which is very considerate, as it is not cheap, and I like it.

Yeah, that's generally been my deal, too.  Anything I want, I've either already bought for myself, or it's too expensive to ask someone else to buy for me.

However, it happens that this year, I need a new DVD player, and I've put off buying one and let it be known that I could use one.  They're plenty cheap enough these days that I don't mind the idea of someone else getting me one as a gift.

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on November 13, 2012, 03:30:22 PM
I got tired of the pressure of the holidays when I was married to Jerry, and Max got tired of the crap from his family, so we decided that Christmas would be "our" holiday with no pressure, no expectations, nothing but us time. We've managed to swing it every year but one, and we've really enjoyed it.

Nowadays we end up with little drama. Oldest relative invited to xmas left on my mother's side is my mother - so she's in charge and whips her siblings into shape. Actually I think we luck out that we're generally all pretty sane and chill people who get along with one another. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Monoriu

Nothing.  If I need it I would have already bought it.  No need to wait for Christmas.  If I can put it off until Christmas, I don't need it. 

DGuller

Quote from: Monoriu on November 13, 2012, 10:54:29 PM
Nothing.  If I need it I would have already bought it.  No need to wait for Christmas.  If I can put it off until Christmas, I don't need it.
That's exactly how I view it.   :hmm:  That's a bad sign.

Lettow77

Last christmas I asked for, and received, a nice thermos for tea. I got a strap with it, and walk around with a good supply of green tea most places I go, which is very comforting, particularly this time of year which is so cold for my exposed feet.

I have no idea what to ask for this year- I already have every material good I want. Something good to eat would be nice, or some alcohol. That's more expensive than tea, which I have in bountiful stock.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Eddie Teach

Sounds like you should ask for shoes.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Camerus

Anything that I'd actually want I'd either get for myself, or is so expensive nobody would buy it for me.  So I just enjoy giving and receiving token gifts, really only meant to express friendship and love rather than anything I could realistically need or want.

Pedrito

Christmas day will be my 40th birthday, so I'm expecting quite a celebration from my family and friends (and Languish, of course!  :mad:).

What I'm expecting is nothing particular,
What I want is one room and one bathroom from my neighbor's house because I need the space to accomodate the kids.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Brazen

All you people who buy yourself everything you want have got too much money and no consideration for your loved ones  :angry:

Once upon a time I'd stop buying anything for myself at this time of year so I had something to put on my Christmas list. These days I wait six weeks until it's half price and my dad's given me some cash because he has no idea what to get me.

katmai

The only thing i'm wanting costs about $3,500 and that is without any lenses, those go for around $1,500-2,000 themselves.

So yeah not expecting anything for Christmas. :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

This thread reminds me that the first fruitcakes are likely inbound.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive