News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

All I want for Christmas is...

Started by merithyn, November 13, 2012, 10:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

If I want something (well, in a price range that would be fit for a present) I buy it. Often, I buy it fast enough to only later realize that I didn't REALLY want it.

So what is becoming the custom is that I get: whiskey as present, which is very considerate, as it is not cheap, and I like it.

DGuller

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 13, 2012, 12:38:24 PM
I've turned into my dad. When asked, he replies "Nothing". Now I say that to everybody.

But I collect a pile of gift cards, ties and useless tools.

I like getting ties. :)

In fact I rather suspect I'm going to get a tie "from" my boys this year. :)

I already have tools to match my limited handyman skills however.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

I really don't give a fuck about it.  Just another Tuesday.

Ed Anger

It is about time for the TCM to show Ben Hur.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on November 13, 2012, 12:49:22 PM
@Beeb
Brazil?!?!

My brother is marrying a Brazillian girl, and they're getting married down there. 
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on November 13, 2012, 11:26:25 AM
Quote from: Liep on November 13, 2012, 11:22:23 AM
For a decent evening; I'll be going to a party where I know 4 out of 20. I'll be drunk by 17.

We have a rule for Christmas: No getting dressed, no cooking, and no cleaning. We order pizza or Chinese food, and curl up on the couch with plush blankies. I love Christmas. :)

We always have a great big family get together. So dress nicely on Christmas eve - then look whatever on Christmas where a few of us cook/clean.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Nothing; I have everything I need and wanting stuff is a cul de sac double parked with piles of tat.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

A bottle of Grand Cru.

A bottle of Pommard as a stocking stuffer.

I am easy to please.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on November 13, 2012, 02:27:18 PM
Quote from: merithyn on November 13, 2012, 11:26:25 AM
Quote from: Liep on November 13, 2012, 11:22:23 AM
For a decent evening; I'll be going to a party where I know 4 out of 20. I'll be drunk by 17.

We have a rule for Christmas: No getting dressed, no cooking, and no cleaning. We order pizza or Chinese food, and curl up on the couch with plush blankies. I love Christmas. :)

We always have a great big family get together. So dress nicely on Christmas eve - then look whatever on Christmas where a few of us cook/clean.

Our tradition is lasagna on Christmas Eve and a nice dinner with ham and lots of sides on Christmas day.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

We always end up with different things cooked each year. One year we had a whole meal of side dishes. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.