News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

51 Star Flag

Started by jimmy olsen, November 08, 2012, 05:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which flag should the U.S. use if Puerto Rico becomes the 51st state.

Flag Proposed by the New Progressive Party of Puerto Rico
10 (35.7%)
Flag Proposed by the Army Institute of Heraldry
18 (64.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Razgovory

Quote from: celedhring on November 11, 2012, 07:57:40 PM
I know you Amuhricans used them first, but circular star patterns are too EU-ish nowadays.

Eh, The US will be around in ten years. Don't know about the EU.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Liep

Quote from: Razgovory on November 12, 2012, 10:43:33 AM
I know you Amuhricans used them first, but circular star patterns are too EU-ish nowadays.

If Fogh really does take over that's about how long I'll give it. :P

(Comment meant mainly for Danes)
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on November 12, 2012, 10:40:50 AM
Of course.  They're vastly different states.  West Virginia is solidly red, while Virginia now leans ever-so-slightly blue.

West Virginia favored the Republicans in 1863 as well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on November 12, 2012, 10:43:33 AM

:yeahright:

Liep

Why would anyone take over those middle states?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Quote from: Liep on November 12, 2012, 10:53:45 AM
Why would anyone take over those middle states?

Solar panels.

Valmy

I calculated once if you covered Oklahoma in solar panels you could power the world.  I think we should do it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

frunk

Cut the US into 50 equal states based on population and demographics, then give each state a set of professional sports teams.  You'd have the East Coast Urban Douchebags versus the Rustbelt Whiny Poors.

Oh, wait, we're not trying to start a Civil War?

PDH

Fuck, I have to be in Canada.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

That map is kinda weird. Why is Mexico giving up California and Arizona?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

FunkMonk

This map is more realistic I think.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 12, 2012, 11:39:47 AM
That map is kinda weird. Why is Mexico giving up California and Arizona?
Because the guy did a geometric optimization with no concept of reality behind the map (or no concept of reality, period).

CountDeMoney