The Atlantic: Conservative Media have failed Republicans, lost to MSM

Started by Syt, November 07, 2012, 09:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 07, 2012, 10:22:37 PM
Quote from: dps on November 07, 2012, 10:20:26 PMAnd you certainly can't count on the media, mainstream or otherwise, to do it for you.

Should've told that to Mittens' campaign people about FOX.

They didn't ask.

CountDeMoney

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 07, 2012, 08:31:24 PM
Quote from: merithyn on November 07, 2012, 04:46:21 PM
Quote from: DGuller on November 07, 2012, 04:41:57 PM
His book looks to be a pretty good one too.  The world would be a much better place if general public understand at least the basics of probability and statistics.

:mellow:

Seriously? You honestly think anyone besides semi-autistic accountant/actuaries would give two shits about that stuff? Or at least care enough to have it generally affect their lives? Put down the book, DG, and go get laid. Please. For your own good.
People will.  It'll probably be the next 'trend' book.  Like the Black Swans, or the Nudges, or whatever Malcolm Gladwell's last book was about.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: merithyn on November 07, 2012, 04:46:21 PM
Quote from: DGuller on November 07, 2012, 04:41:57 PM
His book looks to be a pretty good one too.  The world would be a much better place if general public understand at least the basics of probability and statistics.

:mellow:

Seriously? You honestly think anyone besides semi-autistic accountant/actuaries would give two shits about that stuff? Or at least care enough to have it generally affect their lives? Put down the book, DG, and go get laid. Please. For your own good.

Not sure if serious or trolling?

Martinus

Quote from: merithyn on November 07, 2012, 05:03:17 PM
Quote from: DGuller on November 07, 2012, 04:51:55 PM
No, I don't think that, but I would be happy to be proven wrong, and the sudden spike in interest in his book could be the thing that would prove me wrong.  If people interested in 538 for partisan reasons would read his book in euphoria, they may learn a thing or two that would be highly useful knowledge in order to be a critical thinker.  As for the other stuff, frankly that kind of garbage is beneath you.

It was said with love and out of concern for you. My brother, god love him, is an actuary, too, and I've seen how involved he can get when it comes to that stuff. It's almost like he loses himself in the numbers. I'm just worried that you've done that during this election season, and was suggesting a way to step away from the numbers for a little fun. I meant no insult, honest. :hug:

Your first post came across as awfully ignorant.

Now you are being patronizing.

Martinus

Quote from: merithyn on November 07, 2012, 05:24:36 PM
Not really. We have guys like you and my brother to ferret out the answers for us. That is, after all, why you get paid very well for what you do.

And getting even more ignorant by the minute.

I never considered you to be one of the geniuses, but in this thread you come across positively retarded.