And we're back!

Main Menu

The Grand Election Thread

Started by Tamas, November 06, 2012, 08:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: merithyn on November 10, 2012, 02:07:10 AM
:lol:

Suddenly, the Republicans are for immigration reform, opening the door for citizenship for all of those illegals they've been bashing for the past decade or so. Amazing how, when the numbers come out, the Republicans can be reasonable. Even Hannity is now saying that he's "evolved" on the subject.

My stance on immigration hasn't changed. 

CountDeMoney

FWIW, they finally called Florida today, Obama 50% to Romney 49.1%.

Jaron

Florida needs to get they shit together.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

celedhring

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 10, 2012, 01:34:34 PM
FWIW, they finally called Florida today, Obama 50% to Romney 49.1%.

The drama if the election had hinged on that result, again...

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 10, 2012, 06:48:12 AM
You guys'll love this.

QuoteCharles Darwin earns 4,000 write-in votes against creationist Ga. congressman

ATHENS, Ga. — Charles Darwin earned almost 4,000 write-in votes against a Georgia congressman who denounced evolution and other scientific theories as "lies straight from the pit of hell."

The symbolic votes in Athens-Clarke County were a small percentage of more than 209,000 votes won by Republican Rep. Paul Broun in his unopposed re-election Tuesday.

The Athens Banner-Herald reports that write-in totals weren't immediately available for the other 24 counties in his district.

Broun gave a speech to a church group on Sept. 27 lambasting evolution, embryology and the Big Bang theory. Critics urged voters to write in the 19th-century British naturalist who is considered the father of evolution.

:D

What would happen if Mr. Darwin won?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Phillip V

Quote from: Malthus on November 10, 2012, 05:57:50 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 10, 2012, 06:48:12 AM
You guys'll love this.

QuoteCharles Darwin earns 4,000 write-in votes against creationist Ga. congressman

ATHENS, Ga. — Charles Darwin earned almost 4,000 write-in votes against a Georgia congressman who denounced evolution and other scientific theories as "lies straight from the pit of hell."

The symbolic votes in Athens-Clarke County were a small percentage of more than 209,000 votes won by Republican Rep. Paul Broun in his unopposed re-election Tuesday.

The Athens Banner-Herald reports that write-in totals weren't immediately available for the other 24 counties in his district.

Broun gave a speech to a church group on Sept. 27 lambasting evolution, embryology and the Big Bang theory. Critics urged voters to write in the 19th-century British naturalist who is considered the father of evolution.

:D

What would happen if Mr. Darwin won?
Dig up his corpse and prop up in Congressional chair; will be more productive than half of Congress.

mongers

Ironic that Romney got no more than 47% of the presidential vote.   :hmm:

With Florida now in, he got 3.2 million or 2.6% more than Romney:
Obama    61,785,331  50.5%
Romney  58,562,227   47.9%
Other        1,928,524   1.6%
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on November 10, 2012, 09:50:57 PM
Ironic that Romney got no more than 47% of the presidential vote.   :hmm:

With Florida now in, he got 3.2 million or 2.6% more than Romney:
Obama    61,785,331  50.5%
Romney  58,562,227   47.9%
Other        1,928,524   1.6%

Fitting.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Angus King of Maine is holding a press conference now, will be caucusing with the Democrats in the Senate.

CountDeMoney

Nancy Pelosi announced she's going to run again for her position.

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 14, 2012, 09:26:53 AM

I thought the position of Village Idiot of the House was given based on merit, not something you had to run for.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on November 14, 2012, 09:57:31 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 14, 2012, 09:26:53 AM

I thought the position of Village Idiot of the House was given based on merit, not something you had to run for.

It's obviously a popularity contest;  look at Mitch McConnell, who the GOP would've fired 15 years ago for posting such losses in the Senate.

Kleves

With Pelosi back and the changes in Obama's cabinet, the Democrats look to be putting a pretty shitty team together. Yay America.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

garbon

Quote from: Kleves on November 14, 2012, 10:14:11 AM
With Pelosi back and the changes in Obama's cabinet, the Democrats look to be putting a pretty shitty team together. Yay America.

But it worked so well in round 1! :cry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Kleves on November 14, 2012, 10:14:11 AM

We knew what we were getting: a second helping of shit sandwich.  But when there are only two shitty choices there is only one possible outcome.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."