And we're back!

Main Menu

The Grand Election Thread

Started by Tamas, November 06, 2012, 08:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: DGuller on November 09, 2012, 09:00:18 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 09, 2012, 08:49:57 AM
This map is pretty eerie when you talk about political division. 2012 election results by county.
Why is this particular map eerie?

I don't know, even the Bible belt has a lot of mixed blue and red in there. If it's all because of the deep red in the middle of the country, that's a very lowly populated area.

DGuller

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 09, 2012, 09:10:30 AM
Only 5 states seems to be unanimous

Utah
West Virginia
Connecticut
Vermont
Rhode Island
Oklahoma too.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on November 09, 2012, 09:00:18 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 09, 2012, 08:49:57 AM
This map is pretty eerie when you talk about political division. 2012 election results by county.
Why is this particular map eerie?

At first I had a misleading map there that definitely gave each county and the little Dem enclaves seemed overwhelmed. Still a little freaky to see how many counties were swinging Republican.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Ashley Judd is considering a run at Mitch McConnell's Senate seat in Tennessee in 2014.   :huh:

merithyn

I can't find it now, but I saw a map like that that was distorted by population. It's very, very clear by that map that Romney's core came from very small population areas. The blue overwhelmed the red.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 09, 2012, 09:32:44 AM
Ashley Judd is considering a run at Mitch McConnell's Senate seat in Tennessee in 2014.   :huh:

She's been getting increasingly involved in politics over the years. She's pretty smart by most accounts and has been very outspoken on a number of issues. This doesn't surprise me in the least. She's getting older... too old to play the coquette, anymore. She needs a new career, so why not cash in on her celebrity?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on November 09, 2012, 10:06:21 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 09, 2012, 09:32:44 AM

She's been getting increasingly involved in politics over the years. She's pretty smart by most accounts and has been very outspoken on a number of issues. This doesn't surprise me in the least. She's getting older... too old to play the coquette, anymore. She needs a new career, so why not cash in on her celebrity?

I know she's a popular concept for Governor, don't know how it would go over for Senate, though.  Maybe she should start smaller, like the House.

DGuller

Ashley's married to Dario Franchitti, a racing driver, so I've seen a lot of her on TV over the years.  Ugh. :x  She is an utterly annoying attention whore.

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on November 09, 2012, 10:04:30 AM
I can't find it now, but I saw a map like that that was distorted by population. It's very, very clear by that map that Romney's core came from very small population areas. The blue overwhelmed the red.

I saw that two but then that largely represents that Republicans have issue with many of our cities which are Democratic enclaves.

I mean here's a map of what happens to US map when you distort just by population.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 09, 2012, 10:12:29 AM

I know she's a popular concept for Governor, don't know how it would go over for Senate, though.  Maybe she should start smaller, like the House.

Especially against someone like Mitch McConnell. The man's been in the Senate since Eve fed Adam the apple. :blink:

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on November 09, 2012, 10:21:53 AM

Especially against someone like Mitch McConnell. The man's been in the Senate since Eve fed Adam the apple. :blink:

Eve did not feed Adam the apple in the same year that I was born. :P

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on November 09, 2012, 10:25:24 AM

Eve did not feed Adam the apple in the same year that I was born. :P

*sighs*

I need better friends to discuss politics with. Friends who understand hyperbole as a positive. :(

garbon

I simply don't like you putting me down as ancient. :P

CountDeMoney

I just don't see a "Hollywood type", no matter how popular she is in Knoxville, doing well in a state-wide race for anything in Tennessee.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on November 09, 2012, 10:29:39 AM
I simply don't like you putting me down as ancient. :P
How about "ripened"?