Started by Tamas, November 06, 2012, 08:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

DontSayBanana

Quote from: mongers on November 06, 2012, 11:03:33 PM
It's a hangover from the 50s and early 60s, at the time stripped ties were popular in the UK.

Even simpler.  Americans are fatter.  Stripes tend to be slimming.

On-topic: InTrade's been pretty much on the money so far.  Virginia seems to be the only blip so far, so it still seems fairly safe that Obama will actually pull over 300 EC votes.
Experience bij!

Caliga

I believe it's all over.  Looking at the outstanding precincts in Ohio and Florida, they're pretty much all in heavily Democratic urban counties (Cleveland, Cincinnati, Miami/Dade), and Obama is already ahead in both states.

Sheilbh

So after four controversial years and unemployment's nigh on 8%.  Still the Republicans have lost the White House and are losing seats in the Senate and the House.  Hopefully they'll change.

And imagine what would've been if Huntsman were running.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 06, 2012, 11:00:12 PM
I think the specter of 2000 hangs too heavy 12 years later, a lot of these states would have already been called back in the day. But people are so afraid of looking wrong they wait until a ridiculous surety is present before calling a state.

There are waaaaay too many absentee ballots currently in play in Florida to call it;  remember, all the early voters from the past week that were jammed out of the polls were allowed to file absentee ballots.

Caliga

Looks like Colorado is likely to go Obama, and with that I'm off to bed since Princesca is yelling at me. :blush:

Someone else can MC this shit if there's still any point to doing so. :)

Sheilbh

Quote from: mongers on November 06, 2012, 11:03:33 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2012, 10:58:15 PM
I'm intrigued by the popularity of striped ties in the US.  In the UK most go for single blocks of colour.

It's a hangover from the 50s and early 60s, at the time stripped ties were popular in the UK.
There's probably a worry about old school, club or regimental ties too.
Let's bomb Russia!

Viking

CNN gives Iowa to Obama. Ohio and Oregon puts Obama on 270 now. I had Iowa for Romney in my 269-269 prediction. So Obama is on 275 imho.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

DGuller

At this point, any of the FL/OH/CO/VA going for Obama will officially seal it. 

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Caliga on November 06, 2012, 11:09:21 PM
I believe it's all over.  Looking at the outstanding precincts in Ohio and Florida, they're pretty much all in heavily Democratic urban counties (Cleveland, Cincinnati, Miami/Dade), and Obama is already ahead in both states.

That's where I'm at. Right now I can't see Romney winning Florida or Ohio, so that makes the situation impossible for him. But it doesn't even matter, Romney can win Virginia, Ohio, and Florida but he still would lose 272-266 unless he wins Colorado or Nevada which look simply unlikely. The only other path is Romney winning Florida, Ohio and then one of the already called states would have to flip.

Makes it sleep time for me.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2012, 11:09:39 PM
So after four controversial years and unemployment's nigh on 8%.  Still the Republicans have lost the White House and are losing seats in the Senate and the House.  Hopefully they'll change.

They won't.  They will continue to place a premium on the same neanderthal social agenda topics, they won't ever get any mainstream traction.

QuoteAnd imagine what would've been if Huntsman were running.

Just imagine.  Would've busted the hell out of the big banks, and taken the populist air out of Obama's sails.  And speak Cantonese, for fuck's sake.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!