News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Grand Election Thread

Started by Tamas, November 06, 2012, 08:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: DGuller on November 06, 2012, 09:28:09 PM
Intrade up to 91%.  Another 5%, and it's realistically a lock for Obama.
It always has been.  Intrade doesn't decide the election, you backwards fuck.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

OttoVonBismarck

Wait, so are we going to have the shittiest state ever to join the union? This should be bigger news than the Presidential election...

FunkMonk

Fox News in full-fledged panic mode
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

katmai

Quote from: PDH on November 06, 2012, 09:29:37 PM
Whew, that was close...still, with zero percent of the votes counted Wyoming went firmly to Romney.

Same! :w00t:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

sbr

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 06, 2012, 09:29:32 PM
Quote from: Caliga on November 06, 2012, 09:22:50 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on November 06, 2012, 09:18:26 PM
We've got PA and none of the Southern swing states are called.  We've got this.
Although I agree that Obama is very likely going to win, I don't think Pennsylvania was ever really in play... not sure why Romney wasted so much energy campaigning there at the last minute.

I remember thinking this in 2004. Pennsylvania is a redneck state outside of Philadelphia and its environs, but that's such a huge part of the State (basically aside from Pittsburgh the rest of Pennsylvania is really rural) it's very difficult to credibly overcome the Democrat advantage in those areas. I don't think I've thought of Pennsylvania as a swing state in like ever...it went for Gore-Kerry-Obama handily (and Clinton before that.) I think you have to go back to '88 landslide to see a Republican win PA.

Very similar to Oregon.  Portland, Salem and Eugene go very heavily blue while the entire rest of the state is very, very red; they can't overcome the population advantage in the cities though.

DGuller

And there goes liquidity at Intrade.  Obama is at 93%, but Romney is at 0.5%.  Another bad sign for Romney.

DGuller

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 06, 2012, 09:37:32 PM
Wait, so are we going to have the shittiest state ever to join the union? This should be bigger news than the Presidential election...
Are we obligated to accept them? :unsure:

OttoVonBismarck

At one point a few years ago, Congress passed legislation that basically said if Puerto Rico voted for Statehood, we'd take them.

I do not know how binding that was/is.

Sheilbh

Several rightist Republicans have now said Romney's problem was that he was insufficiently conservative :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

PDH

Quote from: katmai on November 06, 2012, 09:38:01 PM
Quote from: PDH on November 06, 2012, 09:29:37 PM
Whew, that was close...still, with zero percent of the votes counted Wyoming went firmly to Romney.

Same! :w00t:

Yeah, but I had to suffer through months of living next to a swing state...Jesus the Broncos AND the election in Colorado suck
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2012, 09:42:04 PM
Several rightist Republicans have now said Romney's problem was that he was insufficiently conservative :bleeding:
Yep, predictable.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DGuller on November 06, 2012, 09:39:08 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 06, 2012, 09:37:32 PM
Are we obligated to accept them? :unsure:
It's in both party platforms. With Hispanics growing as a voting bloc probably will be enough GOP reps to to pass it with all the Dems on the board.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DGuller

Woah! :o CNN projects Dems to flip another two seats in the Senate.

OttoVonBismarck

Where do you see Puerto Rico exits? I don't see it being reported on at any of the major news sites.