News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Grand Election Thread

Started by Tamas, November 06, 2012, 08:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

The machines the use here are great. Super-easy to use. Everything prints out inside the glass and gets saved in case they need to hand-count. Wonderful things.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2012, 02:36:23 PM
Also voted for all the ballot initiatives for floating bonds and borrowing money for various initiatives, since Bigger Government is Better.

:cheers:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 06, 2012, 02:53:27 PM
Also voted for all the ballot initiatives for floating bonds and borrowing money for various initiatives, since Bigger Government is Better.

:cheers:

Like hell it is.

You people should move to Hungary. Here the state knows everything about you, has its hand in everything, and takes half of your income. Your life would be a constant sociagasm.

Grey Fox

Sounds alot like here. You see the problem isn't big government, it's Hungarians.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 06, 2012, 03:01:02 PM
Sounds alot like here. You see the problem isn't big government, it's Hungarians.

Let's agree at "both are the problem"

DGuller

Quote from: Tamas on November 06, 2012, 03:08:46 PM

I would agree with half of that statement.

crazy canuck

Quote from: DGuller on November 06, 2012, 03:11:10 PM

Yep, he is 50% correct which is something considering Hungarians are the problem.

merithyn

My son, Carter, will be here tonight.  :cool:

Obama Election Rally at McCormick Place

QuotePresident Barack Obama plans to hold his election-night rally at Chicago's McCormick Place convention center, a move aimed at easing concerns over weather and security, sources with knowledge of the event said Wednesday.

Given the indoor location, the event seems unlikely to match the electric atmosphere of Obama's 2008 outdoor victory rally in Grant Park. That event drew an estimated 240,000 people downtown and created picturesque images of the city's skyline that were seen worldwide.

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Tamas

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 06, 2012, 03:12:43 PM
Quote from: DGuller on November 06, 2012, 03:11:10 PM

Yep, he is 50% correct which is something considering Hungarians are the problem.

I enjoy your state of denial as the economic order you hold dear is falling apart in front of our very eyes.

garbon

Voted for the Maryland Dream Act, which allows the children of illegals who are technically illegals themselves who finish high school in 3 years, as opposed to 4, to qualify for in-state tuition rates for Maryland public universities.

Is there a high incidence of individuals who finish in 3 years instead of 4?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Is there a high incidence of children of illegal immigrants finishing high school at all? :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Capetan Mihali

Massachusetts voting -- got to love the overtime-collecting cop stationed in the firehouse, playing with her iPhone.   :lol:

Voted for the Native American for Senator, some "unaffiliated" challengers for other spots, and an Armenian for Sheriff.  Voted "yes" on medical MJ, "yes" on assisted suicide for the terminally ill, and "no" on some car parts consumer protection bill.   :)
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

garbon

Looks like The Onion is going to be dead to me now. Can't see myself paying for their content. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Tamas on November 06, 2012, 02:07:51 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on November 06, 2012, 01:59:40 PM
Did we really need another election thread? <_<

This is THE election thread. The others were impossible to follow. Here is where the important things are posted. Ignore everything else.

No, outside of the military, I have a hard time following orders.
This thread is not very "Grand" either.
I prefer to argue why I will not post in this thread instead of the elections anyway.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 06, 2012, 03:58:45 PM
Massachusetts voting -- got to love the overtime-collecting cop stationed in the firehouse, playing with her iPhone.   :lol:
Heh, I forgot that they station cops at polling places up there.  Not here.  Of course, there are actually more polling places in my county than there are cops. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points