News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Grand Election Thread

Started by Tamas, November 06, 2012, 08:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Please keep discussion on today's events as they unfold here, so I can easily follow them and don't have to browse oddly-named threads on their 45th pages.

Thanks!

Gups

I'll kick off with this pros and cons list helpfully provided by Snoop Dogg

garbon

I'm not going to be told by Beets"R"Us what to do. :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Please let Mitt win so he can jam the Feds up Snoop's ass.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Gups on November 06, 2012, 08:16:34 AM
I'll kick off with this pros and cons list helpfully provided by Snoop Dogg

Snoop Lion.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Snoop has pretty good handwriting.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Gups

His punctuation is erratic. Too much gin. Not enough juice.

Eddie Teach

Obama's jump shot is a pretty compelling reason to vote for him.  :)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on November 06, 2012, 08:28:48 AM
Snoop has pretty good handwriting.

Better then mine.  I can't even read mine.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

merithyn

I voted. :)

There was a line, but it still took less thAn 10 minutes for the entire process. Riley went with me so she could see the process in action, and she was sorely disappointed that I wouldn't write-in Joe Biden for president. :D She asked if I knew who all of the candidates were, and I told her that of course I did, I'd done my research before walking into the booth. She seemed impressed, and hopefully, it will mean something for her when she gets to vote.

Since at the moment she wants to be a politician, I suppose now is the time to learn that not all voters do know all of the candidates or the issues, but rather vote straight ticket. Sad, yet true.

Where is a good website to watch things unfold, by the way? Languish is nice and all, but sometimes you guys are a little slow with the info.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on November 06, 2012, 09:17:11 AM
Since at the moment she wants to be a politician, I suppose now is the time to learn that not all voters do know all of the candidates or the issues, but rather vote straight ticket. Sad, yet true.

Send her to college.  She will be properly indoctrinated.

QuoteWhere is a good website to watch things unfold, by the way? Languish is nice and all, but sometimes you guys are a little slow with the info.

www.theonion.com

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

My polling place was a hot mess. There were like 5 election districts assigned to vote there and when you got in, you had to just blindly find out what line was for your district.  Though my line ended up being short - my district voted really slow. Took about 20 minutes - probably about the longest I've ever had to wait.

Also ballot sucked as there were some judge positions where it said pick any 3 and there were only 3 choices.