News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are your Hallowe'en plans tonight?

Started by Barrister, October 31, 2012, 02:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

I'm taking Timmy out trick-or-treating tonight.  It's cold enough I doubt we'll go any further than our own cul-de-sac.

How about you folks?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Nothing. Cat is locked away in the garage to protect him from amatuer satanists.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

I am going to man the door while my wife takes my toddler Trick-or-Treating.  And I have a paper to write about a play...and unfortunately nothing Halloweenish about the play.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Been going out with my nieces every year since they were born, but not really in the mood tonight.

derspiess

Pick up kids, rush home, give neighbors a bucket of candy to hand out for me, put up sign on front door, get costumes on both kids, then put winter coats over them so nobody will be able to tell what they're dressed as, and rush over to my brother's house.  If I'm 2 minutes late I'm sure my sister in law will start taking her kids around without me.  Cuz everything's always on her damned stay-at-home-mom schedule.

Payoff will be later tonight, sneaking Reese cups out of Tommy's bag o candy.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

My town(and the others in the area) postponed beggars night until Saturday due to some cold temps.

In my day, it would be sleeting and we would go out. No rest until the pillow case is half full.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

PRC

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 31, 2012, 02:23:24 PM
My town(and the others in the area) postponed beggars night until Saturday due to some cold temps.

In my day, it would be sleeting and we would go out. No rest until the pillow case is half full.

Yeah, postponing it?  That's fucking pussy... rain or shine, sleet or snow... it's like having a mailman's creed as a kid.

merithyn

Pottery class. :)

Kids are all too big for trick-or-treating and too young to appreciate giving out candy, so I'm expecting my house to be egged when I get home. :glare:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 31, 2012, 02:23:24 PM

Young Ed Anger on Halloween.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Taking Carl out trick or treating.  :)

His costume turned out awesome, if I do say so myself.  :D He's a samurai, in full armour. Pics to follow later.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Neil

No kids here, so it's not an important night for me.  The tower keeps children from entering, so I don't even have to worry about seeing them.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

Turning all the lights off, locking the doors and pretend no one's home. Like I've done for 20 years.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on October 31, 2012, 02:43:46 PM
Taking Carl out trick or treating.  :)

His costume turned out awesome, if I do say so myself.  :D He's a samurai, in full armour. Pics to follow later.

The baby is dressed up like a skeleton.  My toddler was supposed to be a pirate but he made such a fuss at the custome store he ended up being Thomas the Tank Engine.  Ah well it is all trains all the time it seems.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

Quote from: derspiess on October 31, 2012, 02:20:35 PM
Pick up kids, rush home, give neighbors a bucket of candy to hand out for me, put up sign on front door, get costumes on both kids, then put winter coats over them so nobody will be able to tell what they're dressed as, and rush over to my brother's house.  If I'm 2 minutes late I'm sure my sister in law will start taking her kids around without me.  Cuz everything's always on her damned stay-at-home-mom schedule.

Payoff will be later tonight, sneaking Reese cups out of Tommy's bag o candy.

As an adult, surely honestly obtained Reese's cups are not beyond your grasp? :P

Watch movies, have sex, go to sleep early.  That's what's on my schedule anyway.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)