NFL Week 8: NFL threads are my burden to bear, and to bear alone obviously

Started by CountDeMoney, October 25, 2012, 09:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on October 29, 2012, 05:02:10 PM
QuoteWith last night's win over the Washington Redskins, the Steelers are now 400-253-2 during the regular season since 1970. The Steelers are the first franchise to register 400 regular-season wins since the AFL-NFL merger. The next closest team to the 400-win milestone is the Miami Dolphins with 389 wins.
The Dolphins have been terrible for a while, I'm surprised they're in second place, but that's a testament to their dominance in the 70s and later, Dan Marino.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 29, 2012, 09:40:01 PM
The Dolphins have been terrible for a while, I'm surprised they're in second place, but that's a testament to their dominance in the 70s and later, Dan Marino.

We are 92-100 during the "bad times" (assuming this year is a real turnaround, which I think it is).  That is hardly "terrible".  There have been a couple really bad seasons (1-15, 4-12) and a couple bad seasons (2x 6-10), but for the rest of the period we have been between 7-9 and 11-5.

Neil

Yeah, let's remember that they did make the playoffs at one point.  Won the division and everything, and then got obliterated by Baltimore in the playoffs.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

49ers are kicking butt on MNF and you tards are talking about the Fish?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on October 29, 2012, 10:21:36 PM

I've had it with San Fran blowouts this week, thank you.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 29, 2012, 10:22:21 PM
Quote from: katmai on October 29, 2012, 10:21:36 PM

I've had it with San Fran blowouts this week, thank you.

Unpossible!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Kleves

Assuming no stat corrections, I won my money league game by 0.7 points.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

FunkMonk

Alex Smith and the Niners defense propelled me to a come-from-behind victory.  :)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

I made the mistake of reading Bleacher Report. Most overrated player on the ravens? Ray Lewis

The texans? Schaub

What a load of timmay crap.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive