Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4bn, new Star Wars movie in 2015

Started by Solmyr, October 30, 2012, 03:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 16, 2013, 07:20:17 AMI don't think Ford's acting was the problem with that movie.

No, his being too old for the role was.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

They could maybe do a tv show, though: The Young Han Solo Chronicles. And yes, I'd watch that. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Neil

Quote from: Syt on February 16, 2013, 07:28:36 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 16, 2013, 07:20:17 AMI don't think Ford's acting was the problem with that movie.
No, his being too old for the role was.
But the whole point was that he was old.  It was a generational film.  Was there anything he did in Raiders that he couldn't have done in Crystal Skull?  I don't put any of Crystal Skull's problems on Ford.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-7-cast-announced.html

Episode VII cast announced:

QuoteActors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

:unsure:

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadImmortalMan

Lawrence Kasdan is writing it? Oh that's the best news I've seen about this so far.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Drakken

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Zanza

Who is Max von Sydow playing? Obiwan Kenobi reincarnated?

MadImmortalMan

People who will be hamstrung as Star Wars characters for the rest of their careers. It looks like Chewie is in it since Meyhew is in that circle.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Drakken

Quote from: Zanza on April 29, 2014, 01:40:47 PM
Who is Max von Sydow playing? Obiwan Kenobi reincarnated?

I'd buy Max von Sydow as an Sith Lord.

All hail Emperor Gnim.

The Larch

Von Sidow *has* to play a baddie. He's a poor man's Christopher Lee anyway, and Lee has already been in Star Wars and killed off.  :lol:

Syt

I'm betting Andy Serkis' character will be completely CGI.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Zanza