Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4bn, new Star Wars movie in 2015

Started by Solmyr, October 30, 2012, 03:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

That being said, I don't rewatch movies I have seen as a matter of course. There are maybe a dozen of movies I watched more than once and in almost all cases this was situational (like watching a movie with someone else who wanted to see it for the first time, or watching a re-run on tv when there was nothing better to do). People who watch the same movie over and over again seem somewhat autistic to me - I bet you haven't seen all good movies and read all good books out there so why repeat a familiar experience over and over again when you can try something new?

Martinus

Quote from: Queequeg on October 31, 2012, 01:32:46 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 31, 2012, 01:19:30 AM
It perplexes me adult people still care about the Star Wars franchise.  :huh:
Anyone who believes their cinematic pallet is too mature to enjoy Empire Strikes Bike is an idiot and a philistine in equal measure.

Give me HBO instead any time of the day. But I am not surprised to find such immature attitude coming from you, considering your overall stances on things.

Queequeg

Quote from: Martinus on October 31, 2012, 02:23:55 AM
Quote from: Queequeg on October 31, 2012, 01:32:46 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 31, 2012, 01:19:30 AM
It perplexes me adult people still care about the Star Wars franchise.  :huh:
Anyone who believes their cinematic pallet is too mature to enjoy Empire Strikes Bike is an idiot and a philistine in equal measure.

Give me HBO instead any time of the day. But I am not surprised to find such immature attitude coming from you, considering your overall stances on things.
Eisenstein directed Nevsky, and most of the great Noir and early Sci-Fi works had a similarly childish or pulpy reputation for many years. Empire is a work of art, something Six Feet Under or even Game of Thrones aren't.   Comparing Empire to The Wire or Deadwoood would just make no sense. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Josquius

Star Wars was already killed by the prequels.
Where this should be wonderful though is in killing off people bringing up the expanded universe vong crap in star wars discussions.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Syt

I like it when people put on airs of cultural snobbery and superiority. It says so much about them.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 31, 2012, 12:55:54 AM
I've seen him do as adequately as Ford in dramatic roles, never seen him pull off action hero. Which is all anybody except maybe CDM is really interested in from Ford.

Regarding Henry was inspirational.  :mad:

Ed Anger

Now Lucas can concentrate on the sequel to Red Tails.

Red Tails 2: Electric Bugaloo
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Tyler Perry's Red Tails 2: Madea kills some motherfucking Nazis
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Brazen

Has it been long enough since the prequels that a whole new generation's childhood will be raped? :hmm:

CountDeMoney

If we went through it, then the Assburger's Generation deserves to as well.  Cycle of life, and all that.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.