News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sold I am

Started by Valmy, October 30, 2012, 03:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Disney's cultural empire expands yet again: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/30/us-disney-lucas-idUSBRE89T1LL20121030

Quote(Reuters) - Walt Disney Co said on Tuesday that it had agreed to buy film maker George Lucas's Lucasfilm Ltd and the "Star Wars" franchise for $4.05 billion in cash and stock.

Disney said there would be a new series of "Star Wars" feature films as part of the deal, with the first movie expected in 2015.

Lucas, a Hollywood icon known for exercising control over the most minute details of the fictional universe he created, will remain as a creative consultant.

Disney will pay about half the purchase price in cash and issue about 40 million shares at closing.

Episode VII will soon be upon us.  I, for one, will not be seeing them.  Fool me once shame on you but fool me a fifth time and..
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Lucas isnt going to write anymore - its got a shot.

derspiess

Ugh.  I think I'm with you. 

My expectations with Episode I were below the floor as soon as I saw a Jar-Jar poster a month before the film debuted.  I think Episode II was watchable and III fairly decent since it had a nice element of darkness.

But they just need to let the thing end.  I can tolerate the Clone Wars cartoons but nada mas.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Zanza

Maybe they'll do the tried and tested reboot of the franchise! :P

crazy canuck

This thread is better than that other clone thread.

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 30, 2012, 04:07:37 PM
This thread is better than that other clone thread.

There is... another.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

If they want to make more Star Wars fims, maybe they should go back and do Episodes 1-3 right first before worrying about episode 7.

crazy canuck

Quote from: dps on November 02, 2012, 10:24:48 AM
If they want to make more Star Wars fims, maybe they should go back and do Episodes 1-3 right first before worrying about episode 7.

Lets not refer to those again ok.  They should be like the Xmas special.  Forgetten except by a few who keep the memory alive in order to make sure the same mistake is not repeated.

FunkMonk

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 02, 2012, 10:44:16 AM
Quote from: dps on November 02, 2012, 10:24:48 AM

Lets not refer to those again ok.  They should be like the Xmas special.  Forgetten except by a few who keep the memory alive in order to make sure the same mistake is not repeated.

Unfortunately that is impossible. There are kids and young adults now who know all about the prequels but who know the originals only in passing.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

crazy canuck

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 02, 2012, 10:48:02 AM
Unfortunately that is impossible. There are kids and young adults now who know all about the prequels but who know the originals only in passing.

You present a difficult moral question regarding what to do with these defective folk.

FunkMonk

Purge them. Purge them all.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Anybody thinking happy thoughts about Disney and Star Wars movies should think of two words: John Carter.

Grey Fox

It's a pretty entertaining movie.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

So was Pete's Dragon.  Doesn't mean it was worth anything at the box office.