News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Deployment and Cheating

Started by MadImmortalMan, November 01, 2012, 04:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

Quote from: The Brain on November 02, 2012, 09:37:42 AM
In WW2 the average age of the combat soldier was 26. In Vietnam he was 19.
Whoa, how did he do that?

Phillip V

It's stupid to recruit a raw kid at age 18 and then deploy them to a warzone in less than a year. We need to start training/conditioning them at age 14 or earlier.

The Brain

Quote from: Maximus on November 02, 2012, 09:40:54 AM
In WW2 the average age of the combat soldier was 26. In Vietnam he was 19.
Whoa, how did he do that?

It's a kind of magic.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Brazen

The military should provide government approved prostitutes and gigolos.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Brazen on November 02, 2012, 10:21:35 AM

I can see it now: Deuce Bigalow, Army Gigolo. :P
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Brazen on November 02, 2012, 10:22:55 AM
In Vietnam he was 19.
N-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-nineteen?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3LdMAqUMnM

Goddammit, this is why I shouldn't leave the house.  :mad:

Figured I'd have that meme all to myself.   :mad:

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Drakken

The military has already done so for hundreds of years, as far as the amiettes, whores following Medieval troops around in horsecarts. It is notorious that Armed forces usually tolerate whores in vicinity of their bases. The Red Army, the Wehrmacht, and the Japanese Army provided state-sanctioned brothers as well. At least the Russians took women willing to prostitute themselves for the Motherland...

Anyway, we can't change that most soldiers who get married do so with the expectation that she will hold for them while they are gone. Some soldiers are savvy enough to have understandings with their wives while they are deployed, but they are the minority. Others are savvy enough not to get married in the first place.

We laugh, but it's harsh on the morale of people who pledge their lives to defend us and our country. Add to that the potential violent consequences of male veterans coming back from a tour of duty, quite a few of them suffering from PTSD and trained to kill, to wives who possibly used the comfort of the lives they were providing to be dishonest and live a double life with a colleague, an officer, or a jody.

That said, adultery isn't illegal (except through blue laws) and AFAIK civilians are outside the juridisction of Military Codes of Justice (even if they live on the base). It is a tough problem, and I'm not sure it's a solvable one as it is part of human nature.

Faeelin

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Faeelin on November 02, 2012, 12:25:34 PM
Wait, the Red Army did that?

Yes, they did.  It was of immense surprise to German women, though.

Phillip V

No. Issuing pocket pussies and dildos should suffice.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Quote from: Phillip V on November 02, 2012, 09:41:03 AM
It's stupid to recruit a raw kid at age 18 and then deploy them to a warzone in less than a year. We need to start training/conditioning them at age 14 or earlier.

You mean 7 /sparta