Traces of cocaine and marijuana found in air of eight Italian cities

Started by garbon, October 26, 2012, 09:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/traces-cocaine-marijuana-found-air-eight-italian-cities-220044243.html

QuoteThe answer to the question "Did you inhale?" may be yes, even if you're only guilty of breathing the air in Rome. That's because a new study says there are trace amounts of cocaine and marijuana in the air of eight Italian cities.

Researchers at Italy's Institute of Atmospheric Pollution Research published their findings, which authorities say will be used to help measure the habits of Italian citizens.

The eight Italian cities where psychoactive drugs were detected in the air were Bologna, Florence, Milan, Naples, Palermo, Rome, Turin and Verona.

But before you break out a gas mask or book a plane ticket, it should be noted that the amounts of drugs in the air are small enough that they won't have a mind-altering effect on people breathing the Roman air, even if the amounts are large enough to be measured.

The study results back up a similar test in 2006, which found trace amounts of cocaine in Rome's air.

There were also other legal substances measured in the air, including caffeine and nicotine.

Some of the study's results are already creating a buzz: Turin was rated as having the highest drug concentration in the air, while Palermo had the least. And Florence had the highest concentration of marijuana. The study also found that drug concentrations change throughout the year, with marijuana and caffeine levels spiking during the winter months.

In August, a "huge" marijuana farm was found beneath a Mussolini-era tunnel in Rome.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Quote from: derspiess on October 26, 2012, 09:57:42 AM
It's freaky that they can detect that stuff in the air.

Almost impossible to tie to a specific user. You'll be fine.

Pedrito

Quote from: garbon on October 26, 2012, 09:09:57 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/traces-cocaine-marijuana-found-air-eight-italian-cities-220044243.html

QuoteThe answer to the question "Did you inhale?" may be yes, even if you're only guilty of breathing the air in Rome. That's because a new study says there are trace amounts of cocaine and marijuana in the air of eight Italian cities.

Researchers at Italy's Institute of Atmospheric Pollution Research published their findings, which authorities say will be used to help measure the habits of Italian citizens.

The eight Italian cities where psychoactive drugs were detected in the air were Bologna, Florence, Milan, Naples, Palermo, Rome, Turin and Verona.

But before you break out a gas mask or book a plane ticket, it should be noted that the amounts of drugs in the air are small enough that they won't have a mind-altering effect on people breathing the Roman air, even if the amounts are large enough to be measured.

The study results back up a similar test in 2006, which found trace amounts of cocaine in Rome's air.

There were also other legal substances measured in the air, including caffeine and nicotine.

Some of the study's results are already creating a buzz: Turin was rated as having the highest drug concentration in the air, while Palermo had the least. And Florence had the highest concentration of marijuana. The study also found that drug concentrations change throughout the year, with marijuana and caffeine levels spiking during the winter months.

In August, a "huge" marijuana farm was found beneath a Mussolini-era tunnel in Rome.
Maybe the substances were spread in the air by the L'Aquila earthquake.

HANG THE SCIENTISTS!

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

DGuller

derspiess

Quote from: The Brain on October 26, 2012, 10:01:11 AM

You're not a cop, are you?  'Cuz you know you like, have to tell me if you are, man.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Quote from: derspiess on October 26, 2012, 10:15:33 AM
Quote from: The Brain on October 26, 2012, 10:01:11 AM

You're not a cop, are you?  'Cuz you know you like, have to tell me if you are, man.

I'm not a cop. If I were, would I do this? *performs obviously illegal activity*

derspiess

Razgovory

Yeah, we use something called a "nose" to do that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017