News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

There's no such thing as a free bridge?

Started by Barrister, October 25, 2012, 01:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

They just want a bigger bridge so they can get our sports teams across the border faster. Look! The Tigers are in the World Series!
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Habbaku

How do we know this new bridge won't be used to allow a sudden surge in illegal emigration?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

dps

Quote from: mongers on October 25, 2012, 02:51:29 PM
Quote from: DGuller on October 25, 2012, 02:08:56 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 25, 2012, 01:57:05 PM
We need to make an anti Timmay rule to put a stop to posting articles without at least some indication as to why the poster thought it might be interesting.
I think it's very indicative of the US politics at large:  Mr. Burns getting useful idiot rubes to believe anything that is useful to him and him only.

Yeah, and some Americans seem to actively want the return of the 1880s.

Don't know why anyone would want to return to a time when Chile had a bigger, better navy that the US. 

Well, maybe Chileans.

Phillip V

Eddie Teach

Quote from: dps on October 25, 2012, 11:33:10 PM
Don't know why anyone would want to return to a time when Chile had a bigger, better navy that the US. 

Well, maybe Chileans.

Iranians too.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Habbaku on October 25, 2012, 09:38:49 PM
How do we know this new bridge won't be used to allow a sudden surge in illegal emigration?

:)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Quote from: dps on October 25, 2012, 11:33:10 PM
Quote from: mongers on October 25, 2012, 02:51:29 PM
Quote from: DGuller on October 25, 2012, 02:08:56 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 25, 2012, 01:57:05 PM
We need to make an anti Timmay rule to put a stop to posting articles without at least some indication as to why the poster thought it might be interesting.
I think it's very indicative of the US politics at large:  Mr. Burns getting useful idiot rubes to believe anything that is useful to him and him only.

Yeah, and some Americans seem to actively want the return of the 1880s.

Well, maybe Chileans.

An Absolut world.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on October 26, 2012, 12:23:48 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on October 25, 2012, 09:38:49 PM

:)
Seems like Canada's problem to me.