[attention whoring] So I went to see a therapist last night

Started by Martinus, October 26, 2012, 05:16:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

I learned I have low self esteem, the initial stages of depression/burn out syndrome and proto-alcoholism.  :homestar:

*waits for Raz to start chanting "One of us, one of us".

Tamas

I'll chant "he wants your money" and "Languish already told you most of this"

:P

celedhring

Quote from: Martinus on October 26, 2012, 05:16:04 AM
I learned I have low self esteem, the initial stages of depression/burn out syndrome and proto-alcoholism.  :homestar:

I'm exactly like that except the "proto" part.

I suspect you could apply it to 90% of the western population nowadays.

Tamas

Martinus

Well it depends how you define alcoholism. I don't get drunk but have a tendency to drink one-two glasses of wine (half a bottle) after work to switch off the control thingie in my brain.

I'm a perfectionist, workaholic, with bouts of insomnia and outbursts of anger. Like the guy on the "Newsroom".

CountDeMoney

QuoteGay men are six times more likely to attempt suicide than their heterosexual peers.

Languish could only be so lucky.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on October 26, 2012, 05:16:04 AM

Huh, I do good work.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 26, 2012, 05:36:50 AM
QuoteGay men are six times more likely to attempt suicide than their heterosexual peers.

Languish could only be so lucky.

How many attempted suicides we have on Languish?

If only one is heterosexual, this means that all Languish gays should follow the suit.

Liep

That comforts me. I'll never be able to commit suicide because there isn't 6 gay men living in my apartment to follow the statistic.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Grey Fox

Maybe, then, you should a) move to a friendlier gay nation b) stop dating poor 20 years old.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

I don't think this has much to do with my personal life - rather it's about work / life balance (so personal life only in so far that I don't have much time for any). :P