News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How Well Do You Know Crappy Pizza?

Started by garbon, October 25, 2012, 03:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Tyr on October 25, 2012, 07:25:32 PM
I've never heard of most of these companies.
And Dominos and Pizza Hut crappy? :unsure:
Pizza Hut is quite a respectibly middling semi-restaurant, semi-fast food place and Dominos is rather up market for a takeaway.
:bleeding: :x

Eddie Teach

It's not like there are well-known "upmarket" chains specializing in pizza.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Pizza Hut is definitely crappy. Dominos used to be just as bad, but they've improved remarkably in the last few years. They must have new management or something.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

5/10.  Not bad, considering we have no Cici's, Godfathers, or Little Caesars in Baltimore, I've never been to a Chuck E. Cheese's, and the last Sbarro I've seen was on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in 2010.

katmai

Pizza Hut is quite a respectibly middling semi-restaurant, semi-fast food place and Dominos is rather up market for a takeaway.

Fucking Chavs
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Dominos and Papa Johns both suck.  One supports pro-life bullshit, and the other uses too much sauce.*

*I don't know which is which, but it doesn't matter:  both are deal breakers.

Eddie Teach

I don't think Papa Johns uses that much sauce.

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 25, 2012, 08:12:00 PM
I don't think Papa Johns uses that much sauce.

And if you think they do you can always request light sauce.  I always request extra bake for mine since the crust can be a bit doughy otherwise.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

My favorite pizza is at a local restaurant chain that's got about 4 locations now.  They make a New York style with everything on thin crust that is to die for.  Damn.

I don't know if it's a chain or not, but there's a Big Cheese pizza here;  it's your typical "so-much-cheese-there-are-oil-slicks-on-top" kind.  And that's the best kind of Day After pizza. :wub:

DGuller

New York style pizza.  :mmm: :wub:  The only good thing we got from New York.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on October 25, 2012, 08:38:55 PM
New York style pizza.  :mmm: :wub:  The only good thing we got from New York.

General Tso's Chicken is ok too. And ice cream cones.

Ed Anger

I subsist on the crusts my kids leave behind.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

Quote from: DGuller on October 25, 2012, 07:26:37 PM

:lol:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on October 25, 2012, 09:40:04 PM
Quote from: DGuller on October 25, 2012, 07:26:37 PM

:lol:

Jos is...special. :lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 25, 2012, 04:32:08 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 25, 2012, 04:18:07 PM
10/10.  Never been to Cici's, but I knew it would probably be the worst-looking pizza in the quiz.

Ok place if you are feeding a mob of kids.

I loved Cici's when I still ate meat.  Twenty slices of pizza with various kinds of pig on it for $5?  YES PLEASE OH SHIT IS THAT A COOKIE THE SIZE OF A PIZZA?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)