News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NOAA to East: Beware of coming 'Frankenstorm

Started by garbon, October 25, 2012, 01:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

So power went out at 8:30 around the time that transformer on 14th street blew. As of this morning no cell service either. Currently in hotel bar uptown. Can't wait to take bus to work tomorrow!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on October 30, 2012, 02:58:47 PM
So power went out at 8:30 around the time that transformer on 14th street blew. As of this morning no cell service either. Currently in hotel bar uptown. Can't wait to take bus to work tomorrow!

:hug: You survived!!! :hug:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Malthus

Quote from: merithyn on October 30, 2012, 03:01:08 PM

Either that, or one of the cannibal gangs got him and is now impersonating him online (after snacking on his edible bits).  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Due to the weather crud Sandy is giving my area, they rescheduled Beggar's Night to Saturday.

In my day, we were out in the sleet to get candy. Kids these days.  :rolleyes:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Weather hottie of the day: Sandra Endo of CNN.

I'd dry her off with my towels.

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on October 30, 2012, 03:01:08 PM

Yep thankfully no trees near bedroom window and I just hunkered down inside. Living without electricity or phone is obnoxious but I have my health.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

My evil twin Biff Anger was the one posting about you eating potted meat in the dark Garb, not me.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 30, 2012, 12:03:37 PM
I hope garbon's OK, and he hasn't been set upon by roving bands of cannibalistic Puerto Ricans.

You must have given me a work cell last year. I texted after power went out / before cell service went out.

Different note, so many attractive Brits trapped near times square. And to think I'm staying in this hotel tomorrow night if power is still off. :D

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 30, 2012, 03:44:07 PM
My evil twin Biff Anger was the one posting about you eating potted meat in the dark Garb, not me.

Rude. I was eating Pb & J.

garbon

I loved Bloomberg on the radio this morning (radio? I know, right?). He gave so much withering attitude to reporters trying to ask charged questions. :wub:

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on October 29, 2012, 11:02:39 PM
Manhattan looks different, somehow.

Feels doff
Quote from: viper37 on October 29, 2012, 11:02:39 PM
Manhattan looks different, somehow.

Feels different too. Saw a Chili place on my street using generator and hot plate to give free food. Few blocks away a bodega was using generator to let people charge phones. City might be cruel but we can band together.

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Alright for serious - are British tourists told to book hotels at times square? Bar is full of Brits. I may have to revise my opinion of the vicinity.

Caliga

My parents still don't have power... their entire town is out.  Downed trees and live wires all over the place.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points