News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NOAA to East: Beware of coming 'Frankenstorm

Started by garbon, October 25, 2012, 01:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: The Larch on October 29, 2012, 05:32:33 PM
A buddy of mine is in NY right now, barricaded somewhere in Harlem. He says that back at home it'd be just a regular storm, nothing to write home about.  :mellow:
It is a typical winter storm up here. Just a whole heck lot more people being affected because of it's location.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Larch

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 29, 2012, 05:34:36 PM
Quote from: The Larch on October 29, 2012, 05:32:33 PM
A buddy of mine is in NY right now, barricaded somewhere in Harlem. He says that back at home it'd be just a regular storm, nothing to write home about.  :mellow:

He is a filthy liar.

Yeah, I guess he's just trying to BS me to the highest degree, either that or out of coincidence it's being mild in the exact spot where he is.

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 29, 2012, 05:53:45 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on October 29, 2012, 05:50:05 PM
Still going strong here.

You should be OK, since you're in base housing;  there's 4 substations redundantly feeding that fucker, 3 owned by NSA and 1 owned by the US Army.  It would really take something to fuck up 4 subs, you should be OK through the whole thing.

I dunno...I know our power here in base housing is provided/maintained by BGE.  I kept hearing all the time when I moved here, how power goes out at the drop of a hat.  No problems so far, though.

CountDeMoney

jimmy olsen

4 story building front collapsed in NY.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

I hope Carrot is ok... he's directly in the path of the storm too (though a bit inland).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on October 29, 2012, 06:29:36 PM
I hope Carrot is ok... he's directly in the path of the storm too (though a bit inland).

I'm sure he built a shelter with his vast knowledge of everything.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

So I'm watching coverage on WPVI-6 Philadelphia and they cut back to the evening news anchor.

It's the same guy who was the evening news anchor when I was a kid in like, 1980.

...AND HE STILL LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME.

:cthulu:

Count

yeah i'm in Harlem and so far it's been fine. lights flickered a couple of times and it's windy outside
I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years

Caliga

Quote from: Count on October 29, 2012, 06:40:29 PM
yeah i'm in Harlem and so far it's been fine. lights flickered a couple of times and it's windy outside
Why are you there?