News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NOAA to East: Beware of coming 'Frankenstorm

Started by garbon, October 25, 2012, 01:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

At times like these I'm glad to live well off the coast.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on October 29, 2012, 04:17:01 PM
Yeah, the Ohio Valley region doesn't do a very good job of dealing with windstorms.  TRUST ME ON THIS ONE. :bleeding:

Hurricane Ike remnants.  :glare:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 29, 2012, 04:18:56 PM
At times like these I'm glad to live well off the coast.
I guess the only thing you have to deal with is the occasional ice storm, right? :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Gov Christie news conf. coming up. Might be amusing if he starts getting grumpy.

Ed Anger

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 29, 2012, 04:35:07 PM
Gov Christie news conf. coming up. Might be amusing if he starts getting grumpy.

He never fails to be amusing.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

The weather over here in Blighty this evening is ludicrously benign in comparison.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on October 29, 2012, 04:07:55 PM
Well, Tim it looks like now is the time to post a whole bunch of news articles.  CdM will be out of commission for a while.

Bah, just took a nap.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 29, 2012, 04:36:41 PM
HE'S MAD.

STOOPID PEOPLE DIE, OK? THATS HOW IT IS.
--Brought to you by the New Jersey Dept of Emergency Mgmt

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 29, 2012, 04:58:49 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 29, 2012, 04:36:41 PM
HE'S MAD.

STOOPID PEOPLE DIE, OK? THATS HOW IT IS.
--Brought to you by the New Jersey Dept of Emergency Mgmt

When did Hamilcar go to work there?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

So far, only 66K people without power in the BGE service area.  Pretty good, considering some of the rest of the Least Coast.

DGuller

Shit just got serious here.  The Internet went out for a couple of minutes, both by cable and by 4G.  My sister reported the same thing.  Thankfully it's better now.

Darth Wagtaros

I can't handle to lose the Interwebs.  Fortunately my back is killing me so I'll just atke a bunch of muscle relaxants and go to bed.
PDH!

jimmy olsen

You guys are going to get so much fucking rain.

700,000 without power already.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49593609/ns/weather/
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on October 29, 2012, 05:07:55 PM
Shit just got serious here.  The Internet went out for a couple of minutes, both by cable and by 4G.  My sister reported the same thing.  Thankfully it's better now.

So just got louder here but heard Bloomie said likely that ConEd was going to start turning off power...<_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.