News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NOAA to East: Beware of coming 'Frankenstorm

Started by garbon, October 25, 2012, 01:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Man, for 7:49am, it's fucking dark as fucking balls out.  Heavy rain, too.

Going to throw on my Gorton's fisherman slicker like a true Glouchester man to hit the post office and then go grab a couple bags of ice if there's any left, and look for some puddles on the way back.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Knocked that shit out yesterday, along with as much cranberry juice, bananas and cigarettes I could carry.   The cat and I are good to go.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

At work, hopefully no tree breaks my brand new shed roof.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

I like the Mail's coverage. To hear them tell it, NYC and New Jersey are mostly going under the waves and then the remaining populace will run around looting NOLA style.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on October 29, 2012, 08:14:49 AM
I like the Mail's coverage. To hear them tell it, NYC and New Jersey are mostly going under the waves and then the remaining populace will run around looting NOLA style.

:(

I will miss NYC.

New Jersey, not so much.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on October 29, 2012, 08:18:03 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 29, 2012, 08:14:49 AM

:(

I will miss NYC.

New Jersey, not so much.

My only with losing Jersey is that it is the location of most of my pharma clients!

CountDeMoney

I roll into the post office, and the place is empty, so I get the counter to myself and naturally it's the "Ummm-Hmmm" Butte sisters working, Buella and Bertha.  And they make it obvious they don't want to be there.

Naturally, I'm going to be polite and deferential so I can get decent service and not a whole lot of bullshit.

So I'm, "God bless the Postal Service for staying open this morning, I really need to overnight Express this."
And Buella's all, like, "Mmmm-hmmm, if we had our way..." Cue roll eyes.  "This is absolutely ridiculous.  Ree-dick-yew-less."
"What about rain, snow, dark of night and all that?"
Cue Bertha's tongue-click/annoyed exhale combo.  "That was Pony Express days.  Them ponies is dead."

Mmmm-Hmmm.

garbon

Parts of low-lying areas in Brooklyn/Long Island/Jersey near NYC are already seeing flooding. Not good seeing as how hurricane is still 300 miles away.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 29, 2012, 08:43:38 AM
I roll into the post office, and the place is empty, so I get the counter to myself and naturally it's the "Ummm-Hmmm" Butte sisters working, Buella and Bertha.  And they make it obvious they don't want to be there.

Naturally, I'm going to be polite and deferential so I can get decent service and not a whole lot of bullshit.

So I'm, "God bless the Postal Service for staying open this morning, I really need to overnight Express this."
And Buella's all, like, "Mmmm-hmmm, if we had our way..." Cue roll eyes.  "This is absolutely ridiculous.  Ree-dick-yew-less."
Cue Bertha's tongue-click/annoyed exhale combo.  "That was Pony Express days.  Them ponies is dead."

Mmmm-Hmmm.

Love! :wub:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 29, 2012, 08:43:38 AM

Mmmm-Hmmm.

:lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall