News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NOAA to East: Beware of coming 'Frankenstorm

Started by garbon, October 25, 2012, 01:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 27, 2012, 03:49:45 PM
I want to do some regular grocery shopping...but the panic-mongerers are probably out in droves today.

Yup.   You'd think bottled water was going out of style.

I'm just glad I'm on city water and natural gas.  If the lights go out, I'll still have my toilets and hot showers.
Only thing I really need to worry about is the fridge, and that fucker's usually empty anyway.

Scipio

Wow.  You guys need more coonasses and rednecks.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Darth Wagtaros

Was like Black Friday out there.  Lowes and Home Depot must be making a ton off of generators if what i saw at Costco is anything to go by.
PDH!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

I look forward to video clips of Chris Christie screaming and swearing at people to stay indoors. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Caliga on October 28, 2012, 06:23:49 AM
I look forward to video clips of Chris Christie screaming and swearing at people to stay indoors. :)

Actually, he's been getting flustered because some of the barrier peeps are ignoring his evacuation order.  You missed it last night. :D
Experience bij!

garbon

Quote from: Scipio on October 27, 2012, 09:04:45 PM
Wow.  You guys need more coonasses and rednecks.

No, I'm sure there might be one occasion on which such might be true but not this.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Well, I won't be going into work tomorrow. MTA is shutting down and I ain't walking 40 blocks to work. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

During big rainstorms like this do the subways just flood in New York?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on October 28, 2012, 10:26:20 AM
During big rainstorms like this do the subways just flood in New York?

Sometimes even with smaller storms but they've a lot of things in place like pumps and grates.

garbon

Hmm, Zone A of the city is now under mandatory evacuation.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on October 28, 2012, 10:08:48 AM
Well, I won't be going into work tomorrow. MTA is shutting down and I ain't walking 40 blocks to work. :P

You can work from home?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Man, the wind has definitely picked up this morning, and the temps have dropped like a mother.

Storm surge is gonna be nasty all along the mid-Atlantic coast.
Taking care of my online banking, laundry and other "well, shit, there's no electricity" issues as well.  Got a few dry goods to eat, and filled up the gas tank.