News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NOAA to East: Beware of coming 'Frankenstorm

Started by garbon, October 25, 2012, 01:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 26, 2012, 11:34:23 AM
Electric company's been scrambling to replace rotting poles, trick or treating has been moved up because of the impending storm, and there's a general "batten down the hatches" vibe going on down here.

Yeah, the utilities have already started the pre-positioning, moving to staging areas, and tree trimming along the major lines.

But hey, at least I won't have to work the duration of the storm.  So I've got that going for me.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on October 26, 2012, 09:30:55 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 26, 2012, 08:28:30 AM
Quote from: DGuller on October 25, 2012, 09:13:41 PM
:grr:

WHy are you taking an exam, AGAIN?
I'm an actuary without designation.  That's what we do, take exams twice a year and typically fail them.

Why don't you get a designation?  Or maybe if you are really brave you could be an actuary mentioned in dispatches.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on October 26, 2012, 03:12:38 PM
Why don't you get a designation?  Or maybe if you are really brave you could be an actuary mentioned in dispatches.
Well, passing exams is how you get a designation.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on October 26, 2012, 08:37:30 PM

Well, if you take them twice a year, how come you don't have a designation?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on October 26, 2012, 08:44:11 PM
Quote from: DGuller on October 26, 2012, 08:37:30 PM

Well, if you take them twice a year, how come you don't have a designation?
:hmm:

Razgovory

Okay, so are you some kind of unlicensed actuary, operating on the frontiers of the law?

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on October 26, 2012, 09:00:11 PM
Okay, so are you some kind of unlicensed actuary, operating on the frontiers of the law?
You don't need a designation to work as an actuary, as long as your boss has a designation and can sign off on your work.  However, for obvious reason, needing a boss to sign off on your work cuts down on your career progression opportunities.

Ed Anger

please accept Epstein's work. He's been very sick.

Epstien's mother
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

*hugs the Appalachians* thanks for protecting me yet again, boys. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

I want to do some regular grocery shopping...but the panic-mongerers are probably out in droves today.

Darth Wagtaros

Yes. Even up here it was a crazy scene, and we are getting an inch or so of rain.
PDH!

Ed Anger

They put ohio in the 'possible power outage' category. The wolf's lair is on YELLOW alert.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 27, 2012, 04:45:58 PM
They put ohio in the 'possible power outage' category. The wolf's lair is on YELLOW alert.
Whazz that mean? You lock yourself in your den and watch back to back to back episodes of My Little Pony and Care Bears until the storm abates?
PDH!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 27, 2012, 04:52:43 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 27, 2012, 04:45:58 PM
Whazz that mean? You lock yourself in your den and watch back to back to back episodes of My Little Pony and Care Bears until the storm abates?

I check the generator. Check supply of batteries. All devices are charged to 100%. Coolers are readied to receive Alexander's medicine. Pop tart supply is put in. Meowjager Drut is placed in the garage.

Wife's vibrator's batteries are changed.