News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Presidential Election!

Started by Kleves, October 23, 2012, 02:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who gets your vote for President of the United States of America?

I'm an American and I vote for Obama - just the man to turn American around after four miserable years
24 (29.6%)
I'm an American and I vote for Romney - his day one job: get ride of Obamacare and then strip America down and sell it for parts
14 (17.3%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Obama - a weak and apologetic America pleases me
30 (37%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Romney - a Mormon in the White House? That will be hilarious!
3 (3.7%)
I am American, and I waste my vote by voting for a third party
6 (7.4%)
I am not an American, but I would vote for Jaron
4 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 80

mongers

What out for some potential silliness out side Parliament and I Think the White House, Anonymous are apparently going to recreate a scene from 'V for Vendetta' or some equally hairbrained 'idea'.

http://pastebin.com/nP9XCEDy

#OPVENDETTA PRESS RELEASE

At 8pm on November 5th 2012, Anonymous will march on The Houses of Parliament peacefully and unarmed. This is the centrepiece of a worldwide Anonymous operation of global strength and solidarity, a warning to all governments worldwide that if they keep trying to censor, cut, imprison, or silence the free world or the free internet they will not be our governments for much longer.Change is coming

The Demands of the UK collective:

Stop the education, health and welfare cuts; Cut the causes of the problems, don't cause more.  'Austerity measures' targeting vulnerable areas of the economy and  society must be stopped. Bank support and bailouts using the taxpayers money must end.

Recognise the internet as an independent, self-governing, self-managing entity;  An entity that is not, and will never be, controlled. The rights of internet users to protect their privacy must be respected
etc.

I know they wear the mask from the lead character in the film, but it's still a Guy Fawkes mask, you know the religious fanatic.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

QuoteRecognise the internet as an independent, self-governing, self-managing entity;  An entity that is not, and will never be, controlled. The rights of internet users to protect their privacy must be respected

I find it funny when leftists start sounding like Libertarians.  'Get the Gub'mint out of my Internets!'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

What can you do, the Gub'mint, especially yours, is too vested with private enterprises interest.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 05, 2012, 01:04:22 PM
NV SecState says the only swing county in the state (Washoe) had 900 more Democrat votes than GOP votes in the early voting. Party members, I mean. Why that's troubling---"independents" here tend to be largely libertarians.

In 2008, Obama beat McCain in this county by about 23,000 votes. He won the state by 100k. So, if W Co. can only get 2k for Obama, Vegas will have to make up the difference. They can do it with the union machine they've got on the Strip (just ask Sharron Angle), but with the lower turnout this year I think it'll be closer.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 05, 2012, 01:41:12 PM
Talk about kissing up to the in-laws, right?  Bet he's even downloaded Evita to his iPod.  Probably been practicing his gaucho bolos in the back yard on the dog, too.

Evita worship is for dirty illiterate poor people and American homogays.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on November 05, 2012, 03:25:51 PM
Talk about kissing up to the in-laws, right?  Bet he's even downloaded Evita to his iPod.  Probably been practicing his gaucho bolos in the back yard on the dog, too.

What about heterogays?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on November 05, 2012, 03:30:37 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 05, 2012, 03:25:51 PM

What about heterogays?

Dunno.  Ask Mango.

Count

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/04/thedc-predicts-the-winner-of-the-presidential-election/2/

QuoteNAME: GREGG RE
ELECTORAL COLLEGE PREDICTION:
Obama wins, 290 – 248

Nate Silver doesn't realize that the models and simulations he tirelessly iterates to the immense satisfaction of his superiors actually have a tragic, practical purpose. On Nov. 6, the electoral map will precisely match Silver's state-by-state predictions, revealing to everyone in the New York Times' secret command school that his gift for destroying the Republican threat is as real as it is powerful.

"I will program your battles now, not the computer," General Petraeus will tell the former baseball statistician, as CNN holograms systematically call Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio and Wisconsin for Obama, by massive margins. "From now on the enemy is more clever than you. From now on the enemy is stronger than you. From now on you are always about to lose... but you will win. You will learn to defeat the enemy."

For all the world like Ender Wiggin, Silver will immediately leave his jeesh and enter into a deep depression. Mankind, lacking a new enemy half as fearsome as Mitt Romney and the Republicans, will begin waging brutal, neverending war against itself. Millions will die, and Silver will become hunted for his talent.

Years later, Silver will come across an egg laid by Ann Romney on Newt Gingrich's moon base. Through telepathy, Silver will learn that Romney and the Republicans had come in peace. Taking the egg in hand, with a grin so wide it will threaten to split his face into two bloody halves, Silver will promise the queen that he will help start the Republican Party again on a new, more hopeful planet elsewhere in the Solar System.

:lol:
I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years

Tonitrus

Quote from: celedhring on November 05, 2012, 11:22:22 AM

What would be the consequences if Puerto Rico became a state and started sending representation to the Congress?

Two Democratic Senators, and about five* Democratic Representatives.

*This would probably go down to four, as they'd have to pinch theirs from a few other states.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 05, 2012, 05:32:41 PM

What would be the consequences if Puerto Rico became a state and started sending representation to the Congress?

*This would probably go down to four, as they'd have to pinch theirs from a few other states.
Congress could always just expand to 440.

Is the House chamber literally filled to the brim? Why has it remained the same size so long?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 05, 2012, 05:39:38 PM

Is the House chamber literally filled to the brim? Why has it remained the same size so long?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Law_62-5

Tonitrus

Apparently the House chamber has 446 physical seats.

Not sure how they handle seating during the State of the Union.

Neil

Quote from: merithyn on November 05, 2012, 08:10:40 AM
24 hours until I get to vote. 48 hours until we know who our president is. 72 hours until I won't have to listen to another freaking election commercial for at least a year.

Yay!! :w00t:
That's a bit optimistic, don't you think?  Midterms are coming up, and it's never too early to turn on the taps of filth and smear potential opponents, their wives, their kids, their lovable family pets that were gifts from Texan admirers.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 05, 2012, 05:47:47 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 05, 2012, 05:39:38 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Law_62-5

Yeah, I know about that law. But that doesn't answer the why.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point