News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Presidential Election!

Started by Kleves, October 23, 2012, 02:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who gets your vote for President of the United States of America?

I'm an American and I vote for Obama - just the man to turn American around after four miserable years
24 (29.6%)
I'm an American and I vote for Romney - his day one job: get ride of Obamacare and then strip America down and sell it for parts
14 (17.3%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Obama - a weak and apologetic America pleases me
30 (37%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Romney - a Mormon in the White House? That will be hilarious!
3 (3.7%)
I am American, and I waste my vote by voting for a third party
6 (7.4%)
I am not an American, but I would vote for Jaron
4 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Phillip V

Quote from: Razgovory on November 04, 2012, 12:31:24 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 04, 2012, 12:12:24 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 04, 2012, 12:08:19 PM
Yeah, your system election system is a bit better.  I'm tired of Presidential campaigns lasting two years.
I find American Presidential elections boring and really not very nice.  But I love the primaries.

But we've really the same problem traditionally.  Everyone knows roughly when the PM'll call an election (this may change with the fixed term Parliaments introduced by this government) so there's a good year or so when everyone's effectively electioneering but not really.  It is nice only having 4-6 weeks of active campaigning though.

American campaigns have a fairly bitter tone.  Not usually from candidates themselves, but from their flunkies.  It's kinda sad because a lot of these people would be friends (and sometimes are).  George W. Bush and Bill Clinton, though they never ran against one another and are reportedly good friends these days. 
They're both rich and have their cocks sucked by the American people. Of course they're friends.

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on November 04, 2012, 12:03:32 PM
Well the issue of polls will be settle in a few days anyway.  Hopefully.  I'd really rather not have a repeat of 2000.

Thankfully we can now count down the hours to go; when do polls open on the East Coast Tuesday ?

Certainly less than 48 hours to the end of campaigning and another 12-15 hours to probably find out who the next POTUS is. ` 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Phillip V

DGuller

You have to admire Nate Silver on some level.  He got famous for being a statistician who crunched a lot of numbers.  How often does that happen in US?

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on November 04, 2012, 12:05:11 PM
Also I learned something through all this.  Dguller is a Jew.  I had no idea.  I thought he was just a Russian.  I guess he's up a peg in the grand scheme of things.
I wouldn't be so sure.  Lots of Russians are 'Jewish' when it is an excuse to get out of Russia.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on November 04, 2012, 01:08:02 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 04, 2012, 12:05:11 PM
Also I learned something through all this.  Dguller is a Jew.  I had no idea.  I thought he was just a Russian.  I guess he's up a peg in the grand scheme of things.
I wouldn't be so sure.  Lots of Russians are 'Jewish' when it is an excuse to get out of Russia.

I trust him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Phillip V

Obama campaign centers have "comfort captains," assigned to tend to coffee, meals, and sore feet. I wonder if they are attractive females.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/04/us/politics/in-ohio-2-campaigns-offer-a-study-in-contrasts.html

Ed Anger

I was reading a Guardian article on Ohio (for the laughs) and they didn't mention Operation Clark County once. I guess they knew they fucked up back in '04.

Stupid furrigners.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

My election prediction. Obama 281EV - Romney 257EV

Romney may win the popular vote, but the geography is stacked against him. Obama wins reelection. Hopefully such a scenario would lead to a constitutional amendment abolishing the electoral college, now that both parties have been burned in recent times.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 04, 2012, 08:55:19 PM
My election prediction. Obama 281EV - Romney 257EV

Romney may win the popular vote, but the geography is stacked against him. Obama wins reelection. Hopefully such a scenario would lead to a constitutional amendment abolishing the electoral college, now that both parties have been burned in recent times.

:lmfao:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

jimmy olsen

What?

If it harms both parties they're more likely to cooperate.

The 17th amendment was a more radical restructuring of the government and that got passed.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

merithyn

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 04, 2012, 09:05:46 PM
What?

If it harms both parties they're more likely to cooperate.

The 17th amendment was passed was a more radical restructuring of the government and that got passed.

You're just the 17th person on Languish to say exactly that, and it's been pretty much shot down all 17 times.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

jimmy olsen

Well you must know the argument by heart then, lay it on me.

1 Karma Chameleon point